Monday, March 8, 2010

Whale Biologist of the Day/Week/Month

"They Need to Be Liberated From Their God"

...says Mosab Hassan Yousef, son of one of the founders of Hamas. He converted to Christianity and became a spy for Israel.

"I converted to Christianity because I was convinced by Jesus Christ as a character, as a personality. I loved him, his wisdom, his love, his unconditional love.... I'm not trying to convert the entire nation of Israel and the entire nation of Palestine to Christianity. But at least if you can educate them about the ideology of love, the ideology of forgiveness, the ideology of grace. Those principles are great regardless, but we can't deny they came from Christianity as well."
Do you consider your father a fanatic? "He's not a fanatic," says Mr. Yousef. "He's a very moderate, logical person. What matters is not whether my father is a fanatic or not, he's doing the will of a fanatic God. It doesn't matter if he's a terrorist or a traditional Muslim. At the end of the day a traditional Muslim is doing the will of a fanatic, fundamentalist, terrorist God. I know this is harsh to say. Most governments avoid this subject. They don't want to admit this is an ideological war. (Quick, call John C. Wright. Someone else who agrees with him.)
"The problem is not in Muslims," he continues. "The problem is with their God. They need to be liberated from their God. He is their biggest enemy. It has been 1,400 years they have been lied to."
These are all dangerous words. Of the threats issued to his life by Islamists, he says, "That's not the worst thing that can happen to you. I'm OK with it, I'm not afraid. . . . Palestinians have reason to kill me. Some Israelis may want to kill me. My goal is not to defeat my enemy. It is to win over my enemy." (Spoken like St. Francis of Assisi)
Have fun with that. I'll be over here hiding from the suicide bombers running your way.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating. It is an ideological war.

    Also, broken link is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what you're talking about. What broken link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowza. Whale biologist indeed. We need more like him.

    ReplyDelete