Monday, July 19, 2010

Might as well just slit my wrists.

Science Fiction author, historian, and statistician Michael Flynn linked a website that will tell you who you write like. I decided to test it out.

For the test, I used the first scene from Father Max, because it is some of my latest work and I figure it is the most representative sample.


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!
Sucks to be me.

And there goes my aspirations of ever being a writer, going down in flames before ever getting off the ground.

Ok, let's try the first scene of Jack Flint: Space Pirate. It is rubbish and desperately needs revision, but, come on, it's hard to get worse than Dan Brown.

I'll take that. Probably because of all the pirate slang.

Hm. We need a tie-breaker. How about the first scene from my unfinished Star Trek fanfic?


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!
But he's not just any talentless hack. He's a best-selling millionaire talentless hack, proving once again that it's better to be rich than to be good.

Well, it's pretty definitive. I might as well just slit my wrists. No point in ever writing another

1 comment:

  1. It would be interesting to paste some of Michael Flynn's writing in there and see who he writes like...
    - Dad

    ReplyDelete