Well, this commercial is a HUGE hit with the under-4 male audience. (Jo-jo was laughing hysterically, when Daniel wasn't trying to push him out of the way to see too.)
My 14 year old nephew stayed with us for a few weeks in July; he was playing that dance music CONSTANTLY, a painful attack against the senses.
In order to attract the young teenage market (attention span) apparently they made this commercial the same way the movie "Suckerpunch" was made. Ask a 13 year old all the things they think are cool and put it into one commercial/film.
With this kind of advertising, I think Kia will succeed where Scion failed. Toyota attempted to create Scion as a brand to market to the teenage market, but ended with more senior citizen buyers than kids.
My brain hurts from thinking of this commercial... the agony!
The wife and I just saw that last night! We silently looked at each other in the manner of ye olde WTF and asked each other: "What just happened?"
ReplyDeleteWell, this commercial is a HUGE hit with the under-4 male audience. (Jo-jo was laughing hysterically, when Daniel wasn't trying to push him out of the way to see too.)
ReplyDeleteMy 14 year old nephew stayed with us for a few weeks in July; he was playing that dance music CONSTANTLY, a painful attack against the senses.
ReplyDeleteIn order to attract the young teenage market (attention span) apparently they made this commercial the same way the movie "Suckerpunch" was made. Ask a 13 year old all the things they think are cool and put it into one commercial/film.
With this kind of advertising, I think Kia will succeed where Scion failed. Toyota attempted to create Scion as a brand to market to the teenage market, but ended with more senior citizen buyers than kids.
My brain hurts from thinking of this commercial... the agony!
-thebluefox
Ah, so that explains Kia's marketing strategy. Like commenter #1, Katie and I exchanged a mutual WTF when we saw this commercial.
ReplyDeleteI have to confess, having seen it, I'm not more likely to buy a Kia. If anything, I'm less likely to play video games or adopt a pet hamster.