Saturday, April 6, 2013

"Catwoman is in my kitchen washing dishes. This is weird."

That was my status update when The Murloc returned from Wondercon last Saturday.

So, while holy people were doing holy things during holy week like taking unholy toddlers to the triduum and such, the Murloc was running around getting her costume ready for Wondercon, in Anaheim, CA, March 29-31.

For this, she created a brand-new classic Catwoman outfit:


Many people call this the "golden age Catwoman", but The Murloc is quick to point out that it's actually the bronze age Catwoman. Golden age Catwoman had more of a dress. Or something.



For this, she had her makeup professionally done by a friend who is a professional makeup do-y person.



She went with a friend, who dressed as Poison Ivy.

Well, then. I didn't know it was that type of convention.




They met lots of other cosplayers.



Nooo! You can't mix DC and Marvel!

A bit different from Peach as The Murloc wore it.

What is this I don't even....

Awesome Penguin photobomb, there.
Speaking of Penguin, this is our friend Eric (AKA Jedi Elvis).




A few months ago, The Murloc and Jedi Elvis decided that, since they were both going as Batman villains, they should get together for pictures. They also invited a few other friends, who were also planning as doing DC costumes, and figured they could get a small DC group together. They left the invitation open to any friends of friends who wanted to join them.

Well, you know how this plays out in sitcoms. 90 cosplayers and 16 photographers later....





After the main photoshoot was done, they split up into smaller sub-groups.



What's the plural of Catwoman? Catwomen? Catwymyn?


Not photoshoot related, but I like this pic.


Her cat-communicator even matches her costume!

3 comments:

  1. Back by popular demand (also read as: "you did such a good job with that..."), Eric and I have been asked to organize the DC shoot for San Diego Comic-Con, and I have been asked to co-head-up the cosplay shoot for Big Wow ComicFest.

    I love organizing things! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool mask/helmet thingy! How did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a latex rubber mask, which would require a special scultping head, clay, lots of time sculpting, mixing of latex rubber liquids to pour over it, etc etc. Not something I have time for to learn.

    So, I found a studio that makes latex masks, and they happened to have a model of the classic Catwoman style, so I ordered it from them. I did have to even out the eye-holes a bit, cheek-bone curves, and cut a huge upside-down U in the back to encompass my wig.

    So, while I didn't make it, I did tweak it. ;)

    ReplyDelete