Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Idiot of the Day/Week/Month

Haven't had one of these in a while.
http://www.shutdownthis.com/

I'm having trouble counting the number of logical fallicies, bad arguments, or improbable generalizations in that one paragraph. I can see about 7 at first glance.

3 comments:

  1. Okay here is a small stab at it:
    ----
    This website has been erected out of consumer outcry over the passing of sites that facilitate the free availability of perpetually copyrighted motion pictures.
    -----
    :: Cry Cry Cry... I speak for myself as if I was a group and I want product without paying for it.
    ----
    The unauthorized downloading of motion pictures denies thousands of dishonest, lazy executives of their crack smoking livelihood, and is the only way to bring an artistically bankrupt monopoly under control.
    ------
    :: I view the person who paid the actors, directors, advertising and film distribution to be greedy for trying to earn back their investment AND make a profit! I also believe they are "artistically bankrupt", which although I do not understand what that means I think it sounds harsh.
    -----
    Downloading movies without authorization violates laws distorted beyond their original intent, is not tangible theft, and is impossible to stop.
    -----
    :: Hmmm, let me clarify myself
    :: Downloading movies w/o permission:
    1. is aginst the law
    2. is not theft of a tangible item (unless you consider the millions of electrons that were horribly inconvienced)
    3. and you can't stop me (unless you record my mac address and track me down)
    ------
    You can't catch everyone.
    ----
    :: Unless you make a script that records everyones mac addresses and track them down.
    ----
    The only way to win is to stop waging war on your own customers and accept the fact that we are in control, not you.
    -----
    :: Unless you define customer as paying patron, in which case I am not a really a customer just one who utilizes your services without your consent. I am in control! I am in control! Do what I tell you! Dance monkey, dance! Hey, I said I am in control... why aren't you dancing?
    ----
    You brought this on yourselves.
    ----
    :: It's not my fault, I didn't do it, you can't prove anything.

    ~The Blue Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I deserve to have EVERYTHING I want and you CAN'T SAY NO and you're BAD because you make money and I need this DVD to live and there's NO WAY to get it legally so I'm taking it because I want it and MY MOMMY always let me have EVERYTHING I WANTED!!!!!!!11!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *shifty eyes*

    *makes copy of cd*

    *shifty eyes*

    ~ RlrlrlRLRLLRLGRLGRLGlglglglgl!

    ReplyDelete