Methinks "Our Universe" needs to be updated.
Astronomers relegate 'dwarf' Pluto to the second division of planets - World - Times Online
Ceres I can deal with. It'll take some adjustment to get used to thinking of Charon as a planet and not a moon. But they need to come up with a better name for 2003 UB313. I refuse to accept a planet named after that gosh-awful, cheesy TV show.
I don't understand all the anxiety in the scientific community about whether Pluto is a planet or not. There is no intrinsic definition of "planet". A planet is whatever human beings say it is. We can define "planet" any way we like. Pluto is a planet because we say so and that's all. I don't see any point in changing the definition of "planet" so as to exclude Pluto. There's something to be said for tradition, even in science.
ReplyDeleteBTW, what's with the long blank space in your sidebar?
ReplyDeleteThe long blank space is called "you use a crappy browser like Internet Explorer when you should be using a decent browser that won't infect your computer with viruses or allow hackers access to your personal information and also displays web pages correctly like Mozilla Firefox"
ReplyDeleteIt's actually because Internet Explorer can't properly handle <a> tags on the sidebar
ReplyDeleteThe long blank space only showed up recently, I think when you posted the pictures on Aug. 10. It displayed properly before that.
ReplyDeleteDid some testing on it and Microsoft handles (A) tags just fine there. It tries to parse out the "?" with the (/A) tag causing it to get confused somehow. A problem probably lies in the style classes causing all hyperlinks to automatically drop a line. Consider re-phrasing like
ReplyDelete(li)You know you've been playing too much WoW when the lector says "A reading from the Book of Kings" and you think "Don't Paladins learn (a href="http://thottbot.com/?sp=25898")Greater Blessing of Kings(/a) from that?".
And, no, I will not use a different browser as long as IE is still the best integrated into the OS allowing me to seemlessly browse between directories, FTP (much better than Mozilla can), and WWW. When Mozilla is up to par on all that crap, I'll change over. Until then IE 7 does everything Mozilla does... and better... except for ?s following (/A)
IE absolutely does not handle the tage properly. 1) it always changes the line spacing from single to 1.5 whenever I have a hyperlink. 2) it always puts a line break after the hyperlink, so the following text is always on the next line, even if intended to be on the same line.
ReplyDeleteI can't think of a single thing that I use Firefox for that IE does half as well at. And once you install the IE View extension for Firefox, there's really no reason to ever use IE.
Whoops, linked to the wrong extension. I meant IE Tab.
ReplyDelete