/Random
First, and interesting article on string theory: http://www.newyorker.com/critics/atlarge/articles/061002crat_atlarge
Key quote: "Academic physics has become dangerously like what the social constructivists have long charged it with being: a community that is no more rational or objective than any other group of humans." You mean scientists can have biases just like normal people? Surely you jest.
Apparently, there's someone named Sukhee Kang running for re-election to Irvince City Council. I keep seeing signs all over that say "Kang". I'm keeping an eye out for the ones that say "Kodos".
I heard a public service announcement on the radio the other day about "energy-saving tips". It said that dish washers use a lot of water and electricity so dishes should be hand-washed and air-dryed to save energy. Also, washing machines use a lot of water and the clothes dryer is the household appliance that uses the most electricity. Hand-wash your clothes and let them hang-dry on a clothes line to save energy and water. Yep, they certainly were energy-efficient in the 19th century.
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5958
ReplyDelete