Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oh no! The moon is being swallowed by a dragon! 'Tis the end of the— oh, never mind.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSL2028499420080221

Did anyone get any pictures of the eclipse last night? It was completely overcast here. Stoopid one-day-of-rain-a-year has to fall on eclipse night.

All I can say is NASA better hurry up and get their Lunar base up and running, because I want to see picture of an eclipse as seen from the moon.

2 comments:

  1. We were able to see it just fine from our front yard. There were some clouds but they were low and patchy, and with the brisk wind they scudded out of the way quickly. We watched the eclipse on and off from the partial stage until the end of totality. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures, since I'd have had to set up the tripod and it was too cold to stay out that long.

    Towards the end of totality a high layer of thin clouds had moved in, so it had a ghostly, ethereal appearance.

    It was quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see some great pictures of the eclipse here.

    ReplyDelete