There has been a court decision to outlaw home schooling by non-credentialed parents/teachers (most of the people home schooling) in California.
HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense) has put together a petition to have the court "de-publish" its rulings and so only have it illegal for this one family (which is really a question of child abuse) and not have the ruling apply to all Californian home schoolers. HSLDA is a legitimate group that has many times defended families in court and carries weight in the CA justice system -- so this petition will actually have an effect.
Please sign the petition here: www.hslda.org
Even if you are not home schooling, please sign this petition as it helps to defend all parental rights (which seem to be too easily dismissed).
If you want to hear about the case, click this link to hear Dr. Dobson interview an HSLDA lawyer about it: http://www.oneplace.com
If you want to read the actual court document, you can read it here: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov
(I think most of you saw this from Dave's e-mail, but I felt the need to post it in case anyone who reads this blog did not hear about it. Tom, your mom might be interested if she doesn't already know. (That's not funny; my mom died from not knowing about it.))
I, for one, am all in favor of our shadowy overlords brainwashing our offspring with mindless drivel in the public schools. Ergo, I refuse to sign your unproductive petition. All hail shadowy overlords!!
ReplyDelete