Monday, April 7, 2008

I have a new hero.

Space Vulture.

"Determined to recapture the science fiction of their youth, not as it was but as it should have been, Gary K. Wolf, creator of Roger Rabbit, and his best friend, John J. Myers, the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Newark, N.J., now transport us to the far reaches of the galaxy. There the mere mention of the pirate known as Space Vulture strikes fear into every heart, and a hardworking colonist's only hope is that the dauntless lawman Marshal Victor Corsaire will rocket to the rescue. Come along for the ride and discover all the adventure, suspense, wonder and fun that Gary and John first found in science fiction 50 years ago and now share with you in this rollicking tale of the spaceways."

That's right, the Archbishop of Newark has co-written a science fiction novel about space pirates. How ultimately cool is that? I want to move to his diocese now.

(Thanks to John C. Wright for the link.)

Perhaps some day, if I can buck up the courage (and if the Murloc ever gets around to finishing it and giving me her opinion), I might post a link to my thoughts about how the adventures of space pirates might go. I say "post a link to" because my thoughts—all 95,000 of them—are too long to post directly to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment