Sunday, April 6, 2008

Walking the Great Wall

So I just had this conversation while watching the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles where Indy goes to China and sees the Great Wall.

Ileana: That’s something I’d like to do.

Tom: What?

Ileana: See the Great Wall of China.

*Tom nods in agreement.*

Ileana: And walk it from end to end.

*awkward pause*

Tom: You do know, they just said it was like 3,000 miles long?

Ileana: Yeah.

*awkward pause*

Tom: It’s a thousand miles from [Clearwater] to Chicago.

Ileana: Yeah.

*awkward pause*

Tom: You can’t walk that.

Ileana: Why not?

*awkward pause*

Ileana: People used to-

Tom: We’re fat.

Ileana: We can do it and take breaks.

Tom: We’d need a supply train.

Ileana: I’m sure they have gift shops.

*awkward pause*

Tom: Honey, it’s China. I don’t think they even have “Great Wall of China” off-ramps with gas and lodging.

*several minutes later*

Ileana: I can see how that sounded silly now.

*Tom nods approval. The movie continues*

1 comment:

  1. Let's do it, Ileana! I don't think Tom should crush your dreams like that. We can rough it. After I push this baby out in July, let's walk the wall! -Cari

    ReplyDelete