Blizzcon 2008: The Making of a Costume.
I didn't take that many pictures at Blizzcon this year, and those I did take didn't come out well. You'll probably be able to find better pictures on the official website.
So instead, I'm posting "behind the scenes" photos of the making of the Murloc's costume: the Sorceress from Diablo II.
She put an incredible amount of time and effort into this costume and I think it shows. She actually took a leatherworking class to be able to make the bracers, greaves, belt, neckpiece, and hairclip. The staff was handmade and painted entirely by her (except for the runes, which were etched in by a friend).
I'll try to get her to log in to comment on these pictures.
Beautiful craftsmanship! She could probably sell ornaments like that for real money if she wanted to pursue that craft, especially at the Renaissance Faire. Or online.
ReplyDeleteAs you could tell from the attendance, there were many many many people willing to part with their money in order to buy fan widgets and curios that would probably see the light of day once a year.
ReplyDeleteIt would be a decent for-profit hobby.
Wow! She did a great job!! I hope you guys had a great time!!
ReplyDelete