Thursday, November 27, 2008

Belland Family, Inc. Announces First Expansion to Popular "Family Life" Simulator.
New development promises interactive entertainment, challenges.

Area Man Joe Belland, Dictator-for-Life of Belland Family Enterprises, announced today that production had begun on the first expansion to the popular "Family Life" simulation that many fans have participated in. In a press release, His Excellency stated, "for four and a half years now, we have offered the highest quality life-simulating experience. We feel that the timing is right to add on to our already popular brand name. We hope that our users will enjoy participating in what will surely offer new opportunities for entertainment and challenges."

The as-yet-to-be-named expansion is scheduled for release in the third quarter of 2009. When asked for details of what sort of enhancements to the family-life simulations that the Belland brand name already offers would be provided by the expansion, The Almighty replied, "we feel that by branching out into the younger demographic, we can provide our fans with a unique and previously-unknown type of life-simulation."

President-and-First-Murloc Area Woman Anne Marie Belland expanded on the announcement, stating that, "after four and a half years, we felt that our Life Simulation had begun to stagnate and that by adding onto the simulated family, we would be able to freshen the experience, while maintaining the same core simulation experience that our fans have come to enjoy."

When pressed for details, She Who Must Be Obeyed admitted that production had only begun three weeks previously, and details on the finished product had not been finalized. "However," she continued, "over the coming months we look forward to sharing news and details with our fans, as they become known."

Both the God of Awesome and the Goddess of Sexiness announced jointly that the expansion would be the first in what would hopefully be many new expansions to the brand.

-----

BELLAND FAMILY, LLC is a definitely-for-profit organization dedicated to providing young and old alike an entertaining life-simulation experience, and taking over the world. It was formed on January 10th, 2004.

(With a wink and a nod to Angst Technology.)

13 comments:

  1. Congratu-freakin'-lations! I can't wait to tell Ileana when she wakes up (5:14am here and I really should stop working)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need some beta testing experience, I can make NHI (Neill Heavy Industries) release versions 1.0 and 2.0 immediately available on a short or long term bailment agreement.

    In February, version 3.o will be released with a new two dimensional hardware package capable of operating on X and Y coordinates. Previous models while inherently complex (if not overly complicated) were only capable of single dimensional functions on the X axis.

    Congratulations, on your press conference, we look forward to your initial public offering in the third quarter of '09.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!! What faboo news to start off the holiday season!

    I'm still wondering what exactly happened in Trial #4. (Though really.... I don't want to know)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new ankle-biter!!! I am so excited for you guys! You are in for quite an awesome adventure.

    Must confess, though, that I am confused by the Blue Fox's code-speak. Are you guys expecting a boy, or twins?

    WHOOT for babies! And hey, I've got two boys (2.5 years and 4.5 months), so if y'all have any gals around that age, we are all for arranging some good Catholic marriages. ;-)
    --Cari

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're expecting a boy, new alias "Benjamin" (boys have XY chromosomes). Our other two are girls, Anna and Rose (Girls have only XX chromosomes).

    More on genes and the whole XY thing here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am aware of the chromosomal makeup of girls and boys. ;-) I just could not interpret your math-speak to determine whether or not you were expecting one of each (both X and Y) or just a boy. -Cari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news indeed! I can brag that I was the first one to find out..... Well, other than Area Man and the Resident Murloc of course. :D

    -Tine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sorry. I misunderstood what you were asking :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That's awesome news. Congrats J & A!!!

    PH

    ReplyDelete
  11. BELLAND FAMILY, LLC is a definitely-for-profit organization ...

    Not for long. These expansion packs will turn you into a nonprofit, both because of necessity and because it will tend to increase your own generosity.

    However, these expansion packs also tend to come with maturity enhancements and initiative catalysts, and those can also aid your for-profit outlook.

    --Mr. Pickles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, certainly the cost of supporting the additional players brought in through the expansion packs takes extra up-front expenditures, but most people agree the long-term ROI justifies the investment.

    ReplyDelete