And to men?
From this side of the revolution, a professional Player of the Game:
Sleeping with a ton of women has some mental consequences that aren’t ususally talked about. Here are four things that I have noticed:Inability to view women as equal human beings. My default opinion of any girl I meet is “worthless dirty whore until proven otherwise.” When so many girls have opened their legs up for me so quickly and easily, it’s hard for me to respect them (and their opinions or ideas) like I would a family member or close friend. I think this is leaking out into other areas of life as someone pointed out to me that I seem to read books written only by men.Decreasing ability to sympathize and empathize with the female condition. Because I learned early on that talking to a girl about her problems or issues is the fastest way out of her pants, it’s become habit for me to simply nod or say “That sucks” when a girl has a genuine problem, even one that I can help solve. I have no desire to help a girl out with her life, and I don’t care if she falls flat on her face.Decreasing patience to work things out. I don’t give a girl more than one chance to act “right” because it’s so easy to find a new whore at the bar. My ability to stay in a long-term relationship, putting up with its natural ups and downs, is evaporating as I adopt the mentality of a dictator, with my bitch the subservient who must attend to my needs without making any mistakes. Over the years my temper has greatly shortened.Decreasing view of sex as a beautiful act of love. Sex is a mechanical means for me to relieve the pressure building up in my sack and nothing more, one small step above jerking off with my tight-gripped hand. I do not feel any closer to a girl when I pump her, and most of the time I respect her less because my opinion of her as a worthless dirty whore who probably likes being choked was proven correct.The only way I see to reverse these consequences is to step out of the game completely and go through a massive cold streak that makes me value a woman again, to see her as something important that I need. Since I don’t see this happening, the odds that I will meet a new girl who I genuinely care for and maybe even love will be about the same as me winning the grand prize of a scratch ticket lottery game. And I’m fine with that. For now.
Some of the comments on that site were also interesting. One commenter (also a Player of the Game) summed it up perfectly: "How can I respect women when they do not respect themselves?"
And women have been told that this is the way to "equality".
From the other side of the revolution, the inestimable John C. Wright:
The most erotic experience in life is the copulation between a man and wife when they are trying to get pregnant. You light the candles, you pour the wine, the tear the bridal veil away, you carry her over the threshold like a Sabine woman (it is sexier if she kicks her legs) and you set down to the pragmatic business of baby-making. The wife’s hormones are fully engaged; the psychological commitment of both partners is absolute; the women is not necessarily worried about the man wandering away or wondering if he will call back because he is fettered by his wedding ring and his sacred honor; the element of selfishness and mutual exploitation is absent; there is nothing perverted or kinky about it, because there is no need to stimulate artificially a limp and jaded sexual impulse; both surrender in a sublime way to love, all-conquering Cupid, and keep nothing back. That is what sex is all about. That is what is really sexy.Compare that to waking up the next morning in Tony Stark's chick-magnet pad, to find him gone, and Pepper Potts calling you a cab or calling you a trashbag. Hm. Not quite the same, issit? Not quite as romantic.In real sex, the man does not need to wear a balloon on his dick, the women is not fiddling with an IUD, and the couple rejoices, rather than quails, if the lady’s period is late. The couple does not quail in terror that a tiny sperm, with the tenacity of a marine storming Normandy Beach, might somehow perhaps have survived the spermicide. (And cowering to a sperm is humiliating).Sex without fear is different from so-called safe sex, and much better. Fertile women are cuter.But the modern West never talks about sex, real sex, sex which is not severed in half, the romantic aspect cut away from the procreative aspect: sex without vulgarity. The sexual revolution was precisely a rebellion against real sex. It was the promotion, quite simply, of sin. Only the criminal, the imprudent, the foolish, and the perversions of sex were applauded, excused, promoted and glorified during the sexual revolution: not real wives but silicon houri were held up as the model of womanhood.
To that I can only add that the greatest, most fulfilling sex I've had in my life was when we were trying to get pregnant. I'm sure some of the other couples who read this blog can testify similarly.
Chastity means the successful integration of sexuality within the person and thus the inner unity of man in his bodily and spiritual being. Sexuality, in which man's belonging to the bodily and biological world is expressed, becomes personal and truly human when it is integrated into the relationship of one person to another, in the complete and lifelong mutual gift of a man and a woman.The virtue of chastity therefore involves the integrity of the person and the integrality of the gift.The chaste person maintains the integrity of the powers of life and love placed in him. This integrity ensures the unity of the person; it is opposed to any behavior that would impair it. It tolerates neither a double life nor duplicity in speech.Chastity includes an apprenticeship in self-mastery which is a training in human freedom. The alternative is clear: either man governs his passions and finds peace, or he lets himself be dominated by them and becomes unhappy. "Man's dignity therefore requires him to act out of conscious and free choice, as moved and drawn in a personal way from within, and not by blind impulses in himself or by mere external constraint. Man gains such dignity when, ridding himself of all slavery to the passions, he presses forward to his goal by freely choosing what is good and, by his diligence and skill, effectively secures for himself the means suited to this end."
CCC 2337-9
Very powerful, Joe.
ReplyDelete...and this month's TMI award winner for personal information NOT acceptable for publishing on the internet is...
ReplyDelete*skips rest of blog post*
Yeah, Dave, that Roosh guy is rather... blunt. But when I read his blog post, it seemed to be such a good proof of what Pope Paul VI was talking about I couldn't help but link it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I wasn't talking about him. I saw that excerpt on John C. Wright's blog and thought it was illustrative.
ReplyDeleteSo then what were you talking about? Did you find John Wright's descriptions of real sex too graphic?
ReplyDeleteI find myself genuinely confused about your original comment.
It was graphic, but so true. Unfortunately, it is only due to the "sexual revolution" that any vulgarity is present at all in writing or speaking about sex, and we must meet it head-on to effect the counter-revolution (Theology of the Body, baby!).
ReplyDelete-Cari
I loved John C. Wright's post. So true. Maybe you just need to experience Phase II sex, Dave. ;)
ReplyDelete