Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Official Rankings (IMHO)

  1. Anthropomorphic Superheroes
  2. Anthropomorphic Monsters
  3. Anthropomorphic Robots
  4. Anthropomorphic Old Guys, Dogs, and Boyscout
  5. Anthropomorphic Cars
  6. Anthropomorphic Rats
  7. Anthropomorphic Fish
  8. Anthropomorphic Toys (again)
  9. Anthropomorphic Toys (third time)
  10. Anthropomorphic Bugs
  11. Anthropomorphic Toys

7 comments:

  1. Didn't you like TS3? I thought it was supposed to be better than TS1 & 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I loved Toy Story 3. It's just I love most of Pixar's other movies better. It's like trying to rank chocolate, pizza, and sex.

    The Toy Story movies are all at the bottom in my rankings, because the whole universe and philosophy of what it's like to be a toy (loyalty to your kid, etc.) has never appealed to me in the same way as the themes of the other movies. It's nothing against the Toy Story films themselves. It's just that they don't speak to me on a fundamental level as much as my other Pixar favorites.

    I think part of it is that I was never fully able to accept the anthropomorphism, and so on some level, the Toy Story films feel materialistic to me; for me, they require a love of material objects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. The Toy Story movies didn't feel materialistic to me. They spoke to me about loyalty, and friendship.

    Loyalty towards children. They wanted to be played with, and in turn play with the children. And as for friendship, the toys were always there for each other. I'd dare say there's some loyalty in their friendship as well.

    But, the reason why I like the Toy Story movies might also have something to do with the fact when I was a little girl, I used to think and dream my toys came to life at night. I always tried to catch them in the act of coming to life, but was never able to. (I had a very active imagination.)

    ~ The Resident Murloc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually enjoyed Toy Story 3 more than 2 but maybe not as much as 1.

    Now on a scale of Dinosaurs to Spaceships, where do you rank Toy Story 3?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Now on a scale of Dinosaurs to Spaceships, where do you rank Toy Story 3?"

    Explosions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really? I ranked it at 50 foot samurai robot.

    ReplyDelete