One of your first acts was to walk into a bustling office building on a busy work morning, stand in the middle of the marbled lobby, and meow at the top of your little lungs. It was easy to translate: "Hi everyone!"
But, no one in that business building thought of that. Or perhaps they weren't truly listening. They simply called a rescue group to come pick you up and care for you until a proper home could be found.
Off you were whisked to a foster home, where you first met a Pastel Calico kitten about the same age as you. You became instant friends, and dare I say, sisters.
Little did I know, shortly after my husband and I made the decision to get a cat, that our paths would cross, and thusly join.
I did not know of your existence until I found your adorable picture online through a search of various cat rescue groups. I'd found several potential kittens that we could adopt, but your little eyes spoke volumes through the picture I saw. It was at that moment that I knew you were the one.
A few weeks later, when your foster parents had deemed you old enough, we came to take you both to your permanent home. You and your sister frolicked in your knew abode, getting into trouble at every turn. But we didn't mind. You were our new babies.
You, we named Isis, and your sister we named Bastet.
You grew up into a beautiful and graceful cat, along with your sister. You played, you loved, you were at home. And you knew you had finally found a mother, and father, that would care for you. You, and your sister, had become our first babies.
It was very hard when you suddenly got sick. We gave you the best care we could, took you to the best doctors, and gave you the best medicines. And while the doctors said you would not live long, you still gave us an extra eight months to love and purr.
The heartache in losing you will dull over time, but it will never fully fade. That is how deep a mark you left in our lives.
Thank you for your constant company.
Thank you for being a part of the kitty-greeting-committee with loud meows when we'd come home.
Thank you for your loud purrs, and always "leaving the motor running".
Thank you for the licks, sometimes rough, sometimes tickling.
Thank you for forcing your way onto our laps and keeping them warm on cold, and hot, days.
Thank you for greeting our guests so politely.
Thank you for acting silly when we needed a good laugh.
Thank you for being underfoot and nearly tripping us.
Thank you for chewing through the small wires attached to our headphones and phone-chargers, and leaving little chew marks in the thicker ones.
Thank you for eating my husband's and son's shoe laces.
Thank you for rough-housing with us, when your sister didn't feel like rough-housing with you.
Thank you for being there when we needed comfort.
Thank you for sleeping nestled in between my husband's legs, making it impossible for him to turn over.
Thank you for curling up on our pillows and keeping our heads warm.
Thank you for keeping my feet warm at night while I slept.
Thank you for standing guard over my son's toys as you watched him play.
Thank you for being so patient with my son, and letting him "pet" you.
Thank you for loving us, no matter what.
You gave us so many years of happiness, and for that we will be eternally grateful. We will never forget you, and I promise we will look after your sister.
Rest with the Angels, my first baby. I love you. ♥
In Loving Memory of Isis
9/23/2005 - 10/13/2010
~The Resident Murloc
Aww. Poor puddy tat.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you guys.
RIP kitty!
ReplyDelete