Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stop the World, Please. I'd Like to Get Off.

For the benefit of impatient readers, who can't be bothered to read long screeds, I've asked Dr. Seuss to re-write my previous post as a poem.

Stop the world, I'd like to get off,
It's spinning so fast and I've had enough.
It's making me dizzy, I just can't keep up,
To this changing reality that makes me throw up.

An orange is an orange, a rose may be pink,
A dog is a dog, or so I would think.
But others tell me that I'm being mean,
To insist on reality instead of a dream.

They make up what's real when they don't like what's fact,
And pretend not to notice that their lives are an act.
"Don't be so close-minded, it's simply uncouth,
"Life's what you make of it, just like the truth."

"An orange is an apple, a dog is a cat,
"No rose can be pink." What's up with that?
I simply don't get it and I've had enough.
The word's simply crazy and I want to get off.

No comments:

Post a Comment