His love affair with underwater pumpkins continues.
He's also developing his house-building skills.
...and sometimes combining the two.
![]() |
| Underwater pumpkin house! |
He's actually getting pretty sophisticated with his houses. For instance, he now puts roofs on them.
He's also mastered iron doors, and knows that iron doors need buttons to open. He's figured how how to place the buttons just right, too.
He also has a thing for double doors. He puts iron doors on the outside and wooden doors on the inside. I think he did this to keep his ocelots from escaping.
He's also started furnishing his houses.
At some point, he discovered one of the naturally-occurring witch huts in the game and, um, "modified" it.
...then decided to build his own:
![]() |
| I thought this one was actually pretty clever. I watched him put down the stilts for the house. |
![]() |
| I think he imitates daddy's object placement. I always have at least two furnaces side-by-side, near a workbench. |
![]() |
| He loves the note block. |
![]() |
| Top three-year-olds have been working tirelessly around the clock to unlock the mystery of stairs. This was an early (unsuccessful) experiment. |
This staircase leads to a ladder.
He's also been doing some bridge-building
The next Pope.
Get it?
Pope → Pontiff → "Bridge builder"
He's also combined his underwater pumpkin and stair skills to perfect the underwater staircase.
![]() |
| Note the sign. I've been trying to teach him how to type his name on it. |
![]() |
| I think the doors were his attempt at multiple rooms. |
And just down the hall from that...
We find a massive hole in the ground. I think this was a result of three-year-old + TNT.
However, he discovered something fun at the bottom: a mine!
...which he enhanced with his own minecart tracks.
...and enlarged the interior of, with creative TNT use.
...and (what else?) made a farm.
![]() |
| Or perhaps like a cow, you're completely confused. |
![]() |
| And by "house" I mean small hallway with a door. |
A few other things:
I think this is one of his animal murdering holes
He also likes playing with lava.
The site of his infamous animal-murdering spree:
If you didn't catch it on my Facebook feed, here it is again:
(At the end, he asks for help because he didn't know which was the Creeper egg. Needless to say, he does now.)
An above-ground farm.
![]() |
| He's trying to be efficient with his land use. |
...And been experimenting with minecart tracks.
![]() |
| This used to be all connected, until an unfortunate accident with a Creeper. |
![]() |
| Back of the house. |
And—I've been saving this one for last—he built his own miniature version of St. John Notch.
Complete with solid-gold baldacchino. The church itself is made from chiseled quartz.
I had to save this one from the Creepers. After he built it, I was remarking about how awesome it was and how I'd have to blog about it. Then night fell and the Creepers came out. His little church was surrounded by three of them, and he was about to go and pick a fight—which would have ended poorly for his little church—when I intervened and shut off the game, much to his screaming, crying chagrin.
So the price of this church was the tears of a child. I hope you're happy.
It sits on some, shall we say, war-torn land.
I used a program called MCAMap to create a map of the parts of the world he's been to. I then overlayed that with screenshots of the stuff he's built. This gives you a sense of where all this stuff is, and also just how far around he's moved in the world.




















































No comments:
Post a Comment