Monday, June 10, 2013

**Important Announcement**

Hey! Listen up! We have an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

.

.

.

Are you ready?

I said, "are you ready?"

*crickets*
*ahem*

Huh?
I said "are you ready?"

Yes?
(That's your cue.)

For... OH right!
And?

Oh, yes! I have an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
We've covered that.

Good! Because it's IMPORTANT!
So....

So what?
What is the IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!?

Ah, yes. That.
...and?

Um... what is the IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT, again?
Y'know. That... thing we discussed.

Oh! Right! I'm wearing glasses!
No, no. Not that.

Is it that I have an IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT?
No, we already announced that.

Um... Anthony's—
NOT that.

I'm stumped.
*Sigh* Do you need a reminder

Please.
Do-re-mi-fa-so-la...

*blank stare*
...the solfege....

Right...
...singing...

...ok...
...Change "do" to "ut"...

Still not following.
Oh, for crying out loud! "Ut Queant Laxis"! The Medieval chant to St. John from which the modern solfege "do-re-mi-" derives!

OK, I'm lost.
Fine! I'll make the IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! Next Friday, June 21st, is the Latin Schola of St. John the Baptist's third annual Low Mass and Concert in honor of St. John, at which we will be singing, among other things, the chant "Ut Queant Laxis". Also included in the concert will be other Cool Stuff™, such as the "Magnificat" by Dietrich Buxtehude, "Sancta Maria, mater Dei (K273)" by Mozart, and a few new surprises!

Haven't heard of Toscano before? He's one of the singers in the concert.
Be there! Participate in the Mass as it was celebrated for four centuries, before the "Spirit of Vatican II" got a hold of it! Hear awesome music!

Remember, a guy with glasses has verified scientificalisticly that it will be awesome! And you can always trust a guy with glasses!

Be there! You probably won't regret it!™

1 comment: