Dumb Bumperstickers
I once read on someone else's blog that bumper stickers are a dumb way of making a point since all you have to do is make a statement without having to provide any evidence to back it up or defend it against rebuttal. I know what he meant. I've seen a lot of bumper stickers that are so obviously dumb that you could only make the statement if you were planning on driving off very quickly to avoid counter arguments. To that end, I'm going to quote various idiotic bumper stickers that I've seen and mock them, counter them, or make snide comments. The purpose? It will make me feel better, which is the whole point of this blog anyways.
"War is not the answer"
...because, as we all know, Hitler was planning on ending the Holocaust in 1945 anyways.
The answer to what? How much does this loaf of bread cost? Well, of course not. How do you stop a genocidal, terrorist dictator? Arguably it is.
I want a bumper sticker that says "War is not the answer; it's the question. 'Yes' is the answer."
"Anybody but Bush - 2004"
I've oft been tempted to stick a sticker that says "Hitler/Stalin '04" on cars that have this one. But alas, bumper stickers that say that are hard to come by.
"Against Abortion? Don't have one."
...which is akin to saying "Against genocide? Then don't commit it" or "Against flying planes into buildings? Don't do it."
On a similar note,
"Against Abortion? Get a vasectomy."
Thanks... I'll tell my mother, wife, sister, etc. that they need to get a sex-change operation and then a vasectomy if they wish to continue holding their beliefs.
Even pro-lifers are not completely free of stupid bumper stickers:
"Let them eat cake - birthday cake. Stop Abortion."
Wow, that is such a compelling argument, how could some one possibly continue to support legalized abortion in the face of such powerful logic.
"I'll bet the pro-choicers are glad their parents weren't."
As logical as the above statement would seem, I once saw Barbara Boxer's daughter give a speech about how proud she was of her mother and all she had done for abortion "rights" in this country. Very sad, but it does counter the sticker's saying.
Beneath a Peace sign on a car...
"Ignorance and Arrogance is not good foriegn policy."
...which is why it's essential that the Republicans keep power this year.
On a car, next to a "Go Army" bumper sticker:
"John Kerry - 2004"
Obviously the person was unaware of Kerry's voting record when it comes to the Army.
< /rant >
No comments:
Post a Comment