By Tom Adams
EGAN HALL MEN'S ROOM (FU) -The American public undoubtedly feels the way as I do when we hear the political double talk. We are sick and tired of the same candidates every election cycle. Where is the choice? Where is the debate? Why do the liberal and conservative media give a free pass to their candidates? When will they ask the tough question: why do I not have $1.00 for a friggin Mountain Dew?
Sure John Kerry says he will stand up for a woman’s right to choose, but where is my friggin Mountain Dew? I think it is safe to say that this is apparently too hot a topic for a left-wing, flip-flopper to handle. Can a voter like me trust him with the Presidency if he cannot even address this issue? For all I know, he may compromise on a Dr. Pepper. That simply will not do.
George Bush says that he is the tough-on-terror candidate. Since September 11th, 2001, we have destroyed two oppressive regimes and cause a third to surrender its weapons outright. Bush’s domestic agenda, however, poses an obvious problem to the American public. Where is my Mountain Dew? Sure, he gave us a $200 tax cut. Between my wife and I, my household received $400 of our tax dollars, but that is only 400 20oz bottles. For most American’s like myself, that is one weeks worth of Mountain Dew.
We can debate the benefits of the 2liter over the 20oz versus the obvious ease of use and transportation. We could even debate my severe bladder infection due to not pulling myself away from the computer for 24 hours after I have drunk 15 Mountain Dews. We could even debate why Joe Belland has yet to get me my Coke, but neither party’s candidates has yet to fully address the issue either way. At least Nader offers the V-8 platform a voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment