Thursday, August 5, 2004

Point/Counter-point: Doom 3

Point: I Hate This Game!

By Fred Hicks, Doom 3 Player



COMPUTER ROOM, 3AM - Oh, crap did you hear that? I swear I heard something. Where was it? It sounded like it was coming from over there. Phew, there's nothing there. I could have sworn I heard something. There it is again. Did you hear it. It sounds like it's coming from... right behind me! There he is! Die you stupid zombie scum! Eat lead!!!



Oh sh--, that really freaked me out. Ok, I'm calm, I'm calm. Just have to press on. What was that? Did you see that? Up there. I could've sworn I saw something go crawling up that wall. There it is again over there! Eat lead! Oh, wait, that was just the shadow of something. Those boxes over there, I think. Those boxes and that mechanical arm, and that thing behind- oh crap! What the hell is that thing?! It's hideous! Die you SOB! Taste my shotgun! Weird, it disintegrated into ashes when it died. What the hell was that? It was hideous. It had, like, twelve eyes or something.



What's that noise? It sounds like someone talking. Is that one of the people I'm supposed to find? It's coming from this room over here filled... with... candles.... That's kinda weird. And there's some sort of symbol on the ground. It looks like a.... Oh sh--, it's a pentagram! What is that noise? It sounds like evil cacklinig! Oh, sh-- more of those things! Where'd they come from?! Die you mf-ing SOBs! Die! Die, die, die, die, die! Ok, I'm good now. Just need to reload all my guns. Ok, press on.



Something looks weird here. What's up with the atmosphere? It looks awfully thick and hazy. Ew, what's that guy covered in? It looks like... silk. Spider... silk. Of, f---, that's not haze, that's cobwebs! Oh sh--, oh sh--, oh shi--, oh shi--. Ok, stay calm. What was that? I thought I saw long spindly legs! Do you hear that, it sounds like it's coming from- all around me! Oh crap! Die, you spider scum, die! Say hello to Smith and f-ing Wesson! Go back to hell, you vile pieces of sh--!



That was seriously freaky. I hope I don't run into any more of those. Ok, where to next? Oh, wtf? What happened to the lights? Where are the lights? I can't see a thing. It's pitch black! Ok, stay calm. I have a flashlight. Oh, what the hell? Where's my gun? I can't have a gun and flashlight at the same time?! Oh, f---! Ok, I can deal. Keep moving.



OMG! What's with the f-ing evil cackling? Aaaa!! WTF are these things? They have two heads! Gotta use the shotgun! Ok, I've got my shotgun, just try to come near me. Crap, I can't see anything without the flashlight. What the-? I think I hear one. Die scum! Oh, crap, nothing there. Okay, where are you, you mf-er. Back to the flashlight- Oh, crap! There he is! Shotgun, shotgun, shotgun, where's my friggin' shotgun! Die you piece of sh--! Die! Die! Die!



Ah, sh--. I just crapped my pants. Third time tonight. This game sucks.



Counter-point: I Love This Brain- er- Game.

by Gurk, Zombie-Demon



UNION AEROSPACE CORPORATION, MARS RESEARCH FACILITY, 2145 - Grrrrruuuuughghghgh. Graaaarrrrggh! Grraaaaagh! Brains. Brains! Need human brains! Urrrg.



What you bid me, master? Who I should eat? Mrruuuugh! Human! Human brains! Delicious human brains! Come here, delcious human brains! *Rip, claw, shred, tear, eat eat*



Brrruuuuuugh. Brains good. Find more. Find more brains. Need more human flesh. Guuuurgh. Human! Come here human! Dark master wants you! I wants your brains. Your brains! Your delicious brains. *Rip, chew, claw, shred, eat, eat, eat*



Hhhgguuughgh. Must feed on flesh! Wait, Grok has flesh. Will eat Grok! Come Grok! Your flesh tasty! Grrraaargh! *Claw, claw, rip, tear, shred, chew, chew chew*

No comments:

Post a Comment