Monday, December 12, 2005

Idiot of the Day/Week/Month.

Hm. I seem to recall there was a reason I stopped reading movie reviews from Box Office Mojo.

Oh yeah.

Yes, Narnia is nothing more than "Christian propaganda" that demonstrates the "arbitratiness of religion" in a "poorly disguised Christian fairy tale".

Note that this is the second time reviewer Scott Holleran has received an Idiot Award.

1 comment:

  1. This Scott guy is a paradox. His article was reminiscent of a James Joyce novel I read in which Joyce was so negative about Catholicism that one could almost swear he was promoting it. Scott's review was so negative that I want to see the movie again. It also has a "thou doth protest too much" tone to it that makes me wonder what the author's background is. He picks up on so much more Christianity in the film than I, a practicing Catholic, did, and this is quite admirable for someone who seems so hostile to the faith. Point being: the movie obviously made him feel guilty in some way, and the Christian themes, artistically and subtly present, apparently made him squirm a bit. My diagnosis is that he, like Edmund, might just find that forgiveness characteristic of the God Who died for him and return to the truth that he so adamantly opposes.

    ReplyDelete