Friday, February 10, 2006

Am I good or just lucky?.



You decide. (Map was dod_flash.)

5 comments:

  1. A little bit of both. If the players in that score list are representative of the team distribution for the whole game, the Axis was definitely the superior team, with 7 players over 20 kills, compared to only 3 on the Allies. It's better to have half your team be decent players than to have 3 all-stars and the rest not very good. Plus you had a good sniper on your team. Although outscoring the second-place player by 30 points is always impressive. BTW, smoke grenades are highly underrated on Flash.

    I also like how the server name is CS:S 24/7 Office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not at all familiar with the game. I think that the Kill-to-Death ratio is the preferred stat, but I'm not sure what your luck factor is based on. Not sure what else you would use to rank a player. I'd assume that some soldiers would naturally have a higher ratio than others (such as snipers). Given that the other support soldiers are 1:1, you seem to be doing comparatively well.

    It could be interesting to analyze the topic. Take totals of the different stats from session to session. You could then plot them to see if there's a strong relationship (ie, correlation). This sort of analysis has been done with baseball to show that batting average is not the best indicator of player skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does "latency" measure?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8-O Wow.

    Not that anyone you were playing against was inexperienced, but did anyone else even try to make a run for a flag?

    I'm not even going to mention anything about the kill ratio, except that the guys with machine guns might as well been running around with air-horns and glowsticks. Since their numbers seem to indicate they ran around and used their weapon as a "look at me, look at me" tool, and somehow caused a schoolbus of quadraplegics to run off the road into a ditch.

    Or I could be way off base, since last I recall from Dave, you are scary good.

    ~The Blue fox

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a great program called Psycho stats that game servers can run that will track every aspect of gameplay and rank players according to some complex formula, including your victims' ranks.

    Latency is another word for lag, and refers to the time it takes data to get from the server to the client (in milliseconds)

    ReplyDelete