I feel smug
You know that quiet, smug satisfaction you get like when someone detonates a nuclear bomb and you say "See, I told you not to press the red button." I feel that same satisfaction when I see the impending doom upon the west brought on by the sexual revolution in conjunction with the culture of death. For the sake of our western nations and way of life, no worse combination of ideologies could have come together.
You can read these troubling predictions of the future by Mark Steyn at Power Line. In reference to the growing Islamification of Europe, Steyn writes:
''As a general rule, when 600 octogenarians are up against 200 teenagers, bet on the teens. In five or ten years’ time, who precisely is going to organize mass deportations from French cities in which the native/Muslim youth-population ratio is already - right now - 55/45?''
''As I’ve said innumerable times, the native European population is split three ways: some will leave, as the Dutch (and certain French) are already doing; some will shrug and go along with the Islamization of the continent, as the ever-accelerating number of conversions suggests; and so the ones left to embrace Fascism will be a minority of an aging population. It will be bloody and messy, as I write in America Alone, but it will not alter the final outcome. If you don’t breed, you can’t influence the future. And furthermore a disinclination to breed is a good sign you don’t care much about the future.''
And with reference to the "better educated" and those who do "not use more than their portion" when it comes to having children:
''Here's the question for Bishop Kate (of the Episcopalian church): If Fatma An-Najar has 41 grandchildren and a responsible "better educated" Episcopalian has one or two, into whose hands are we delivering "the stewardship of the earth"? If your crowd isn't around in any numbers, how much influence can they have in shaping the future?''
And then this article arrived on HotAir Sunday night (11/27/06):
Russia may let husbands veto wives’ abortions
''The draft text of the bill says that an unmarried woman can have an abortion on her own but both the married woman and her husband must both consent to the abortion in the case of a married couple.''
''Krutov also said that the bill would help reduce the number of abortions at a time when Russia is facing sever underpopulation problems. The use of abortion as birth control has caused the nation's population to plummet and the country will eventually have a hard time finding enough workers and supporting its elderly citizens.''
''The number of abortions in Russia is now about 1.5 million annually, just under the number of births there, which number 1.6 million per year.''
''Russia's birthrate has been on the decline for decades and, in 2004, was just 1.17 babies per woman.''
''The result of these dynamics put together is seen in a recent UN report which shows the Russian population shrinking by one-third by 2050. That could leave the nation unable to field an army to defend itself, man factories and other labor-intensive businesses and provide for older Russians in their retirement years.''
So what do I predict this all means? I see a dying off of western secularism to an orthodox few in the west. Then I see a clash of epic proportions between a smaller Christian people against a communist empire (China) and hordes of Muslim oppressors. And yet I feel a smug, "I told you so" attitude.
I had a very pleasant Thanksgiving weekend. Then when I came into work this morning and checked DrudgeReport and Google News, I realized why. I cut myself off from the news over the weekend. There is a case to be made for the Ostrich.
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, a while ago I used to feel the overwhelming depression that comes when facing the impending collapse and fall of Western Civilization and asking oneself "what can one man do?" Then I heard about the Baby Gap and how Conservative Pro-Lifers are just reproducing at a faster rate than Liberal Pro-Choicers. Then it became abundantly clear to me what one man (and one woman) can do: have children.
It's amazing what an overwhelming calm descends upon you when you realize your purpose in life is to reproduce. Let's see the excuse of a headache match up to the excuse of saving Western Civilization.
P.S. Teehee. You posted at exactly Lucas Time.
Lucas Time! It is in accordance with prophecy!
ReplyDeleteWhere is my wife? I must save western civilization!
Despite Lucas Time, I think your wife is already preoccupied with saving Western Civilization, Tom...
ReplyDeleteAll I need is a year off and Sam and I'll get back to saving it too.
In my senior year of Honors class back at da Ville, Dr. Braun brought us through the rambling writings of Tolstoy. I wrote a paper on Tolstoy's women, and compared and contrasted Sasha from W&P and Anna Karenina, showing how each character reflected the rise of early feminism.
In my research, I came across a website maintained by a Russian doctor who, in decent English, blamed the rise of feminism (and Tolstoy's character Anna Karenina) for the rapid decline of the Russian population. He made a desperate plea to women of his country to stop having abortions and to start having children. I cried when I read it, and the gravity of the Culture of Death really sank in. The Russian nation is facing extinction.
Recently I attended a talk by a "leader of the feminist movement," Robin Morgan. I went to the talk to challenge her on the abortion issue and to ask her during the Q&A how she could reconcile her pro-death stance with the declining numbers of the liberal left. I pointed out that the "religious right" was reproducing at a 40% margin over the "liberal left," and with 46 million children killed every year by abortion, the "liberal left" could definitely not survive. She said that that was "not enough!" More children should die so that women would not use coat hangers and die in back alley abortions. It made me sick to think that that is what she has fought for all her life. At least her movement will in essence die with her. But one thing Tom's article screamed at me is, "the Culture of Death is killing itself off--DUH!" Why don't people GET it?
So you know what? They'll get it--all the liberals and pro-death advocates will get what they fight for: nothing. In the end, they will not BE. This fact would ordinarily call for something like rejoicing, but it's a fact shrouded with the same kind of sorrow and pity that surrounds a suicide. Even if you didn't like the person, you're sorry that he decided to end it that way, and you'd have prevented him if you could. In this case the sadness is ever deeper as the blood of 1518000000 babies is crying to God from the ground.
While I do agree that the culture of death will simply die out wit the sexual revolution, we still do have to be vigilant against attempted hijackings of our own children on the right. They already own the schools, I've conceded that. Attempts will obviously be made to stop me from homeschooling and private schooling. And of course it will be done "for the children". If so, I'm encouraging hooky and disrespect in class. I'll be the coolest dad.
ReplyDeleteOne thing I don't hear anybody talking about is how the birth dearth is going to lead inevitably to increasing demands for legalized euthanasia. I fully expect that we old folks are going to be pressured to do the right thing and get out of the way when we can no longer "contribute" or when our medical care becomes burdensome to society.
ReplyDeleteIn 1971 there was a remarkable TV movie called "The Last Child", set in the U.S. in the not-too-distant future, in which a young couple is being hunted by the authorities because they are pregnant without license, Chinese-style population control having become the law of the land. An elderly former Senator helps them, and in retaliation the Javert-like pursuing lawman cuts off his black-market supply of insulin, since such life-saving treatment is illegal for anyone over 65. Interestingly, ultra-liberal Ed Asner plays the heavy. The movie was not politically correct, even at that time. It would be interesting to see it now, but I don't suppose the studio (Aaron Spelling Prod.) would release it for showing, if it even still exists.
A side note: in 1984 there was an episode of PBS's Nova titled "China's Only Child", about the tyrannical one-child policy in China. After an hour of dispassionately portraying the chilling effects of this policy on individual Chinese men and women and on Chinese society, the narrator actually proposed that the United States should study the Chinese program and learn from it, implying that we should enact such a policy in this country! (Ironically, the program first aired on Feb. 14, 1984 - Happy St. Valentine's Day!)
So my plea to you good conservative Christian young folks: get married and have lots of babies!
Baby 2.0 will have its release date soon... will keep you posted. :D
ReplyDelete~tbf