Wednesday, November 22, 2006

WHY WILL NINTENDO ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN MICROSOFT AND SONY?

ANSWER: Because they are interested in what's fun and not hardware specs. (See Business Week)

The only bummer for me about the Wii is that I don't have children old enough to justify/rationalize the investment (yet).


(Editor's note: edited because url was too long and causing formatting problems in Firefox.)

6 comments:

  1. How to Play the Wii.
    (Caution: Adult language advisory)

    Another reason I didn't line up for the PS3. (Although I wish I had when I heard about one guy who was third in line, but gave up his position for $1500 in cash.)

    That's... disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Atari!

    (actually I just wanted to beat Ileana to posting that.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Video of playing the Wii, for the unintitiated

    Actuall as far as "group games" it seems fun and different, buch better than just a thumb war.

    -The blue fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. who is the "blue fox"?

    The Aquamarine Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh...

    Not "blue fox", "the blue fox"; which is somewhat funny, since I am not a fox at all, I am the blog troll.

    ~tbf

    (nota bene: I once actually created a blogger profile for my name, but alas I never updated anything, forgot my password, moved to LA, drank too much caffine, spawned offspring, drank the milk from the back of the fridge, crossed the streams, ate only one, and dwell in the comments' pages of fu-news where the shadows lie.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul,

    You can justify purchasing this console. You just have to get your wife involved in playing the games too. After watching the video that tbf posted, Mrs. P is even intrigued to play this console! I know I'm intrigued.

    I don't know the specs for this console, so I don't know how far Nintendo will be able to stretch the graphic capabilities (which also provides a game's sense of immersion and enjoyment). I saw some video from an expo in which MS already began to show the rudimentary devolopments of this Wii remote technology. My fear is that MS (and maybe, somehow, Sony) will essentially rip-off this innovation and leave Nintendo in the dust again.

    That would be a very unfortunate development for the gaming world. Nintendo seems to have tapped into something that was missing from the gaming world, as they occasionally do when others don't. I think it would be bad if an innovative company like Nintendo died off because their system doesn't have the "sexy" appeal that the more advanced PS3 and XBox 360 have. I don't know how succesful the Gamcube was, but you can only take so many defeats before you give up. Just look at Sega.

    I hope Nintendo is successful with this venture.

    ReplyDelete