Boston Under Seige by LEDs
This story relays the tragic tale that is Boston's worst threat. While she was unrelated to past terrorist attacks, she was obviously a copycat terrorist. God bless everyone in Boston who realizes that all bombs have blinking LEDs and that all blinking LEDs are probably bombs.
Let's face it, wearing an unusual electronic device with wires and blinking lights attached to your body, while carrying silly putty, to the airport where two of the 9/11 planes took off, is reckless idiocy. It sounds like she was genuinely clueless, but WOW, that's dumb. She probably deserves a Darwin Award honorary mention.
ReplyDeleteSilly putty I admit was pretty random and dumb, but I saw the blinky lights and circuitry and it looked just as lame as the Aqua teen Hunger Force "bomb" scare. While I don't suggest that everyone cease to be vigilant (by which I mean question EVERYTHING), the idea of charging someone for carrying a hoax bomb is uncalled for. Frankly the only thing I found remotely threatening was putty. Maybe I just have a more realistic understanding of explosives than Boston.
ReplyDeleteLet me pose it to you this way: If you drive your car eradically as you enter the airport because you spilled something hot on yourself and were trying to get said hot clothing off to stop scalding yourself, I would understand the police treating you like a car bomber (that's what I'd do). But after investigating the incident, they should let you go or charge you with reckless driving, not driving a hoax car bomb.
Make an example out of stupid people. Charge them with everything you can, let the prosecuter, judge and jury throw out what doesn't apply.
ReplyDeleteUse the spaghetti rule of applied law: throw everything up against the wall and see what sticks.
Police officers could use their own judgment once upon a time before litigation was put against them for everything they did in the performance of their duty; but sadly they now just need to follow the letter of the law in these situations and jf the requirements are met, you charge them with it.
-thebluefox
Oh, I'm not saying she should be prosecuted, just that it was a very dumb idea.
ReplyDeleteOh, then I agree.
ReplyDeleteOh... well, then. Move along, move along.
ReplyDeletePoor gal, all of the pictures posted of her have the "deer in headlights" look. Followed by the "interview of a dear in headlights":
Reporter: "Do you know how massively stupid it is for deer to stand in the road and watch the lights get closer?"
MIT deer: "Um..."
Reporter: "For being an MIT student, you're not to bright, are you?"
MIT deer: "um..."
-tbf
Yeah, I'm surprised she got into MIT, and didn't just have to settle for plain old MI.
ReplyDelete