Geriatric Jones and the...
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? What the hell kind of name is that? It sounds like the name of one of the cheesy novels or video games. Raiders of the Lost Ark; The Last Crusade; Temple of Doom; hell, even The Fate of Atlantis; those are cool titles. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Not so much.
By the way, which one of you no-good, fake, phony friends of mine new about this and didn't tell me about it? Now you can fly an F-16 down the Grand Canyon at 1000 mph, or land on the Las Vegas strip from the comfort of your own work.
Also, be sure to check out the new, digitally-remastered by George Lucas version of Singin' in the Rain.
IJ:KotCS??
ReplyDeleteEven the acronym is sub-par.... I hope George Lucas doesn't direct. He runs a great effects shop and production guy, but his directing is as flat as Kansas.
-thebluefox
You don't like "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"? But you DO like "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Temple of Doom"?? These titles are ALL equally in character with the intended saturday-matinee-serial nature of these movies. We went through the same thing with people complaining about "The Phantom Menace" whilst at the same time ignoring the inherent sillines of "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back". It's purely a familiarity issue.
ReplyDeleteWhen I hear the title "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (IJatKotCS, no colon), it piques my curiosity in what sounds to me like a regular adventure surrounding some precious and rare artifact, not a must-save-the-world-from-Nazis-attempting -to-acquire-religious-object adventure. Frankly, even though the two movies based on the latter were quite good, at this point I'd like to see the former.
Oh, and Spielberg directs all the Indiana Jones movies, Lucas produces. As it should be.
I also knew about the Google Earth Flight Simulator, and although it's cool, I have Orbiter and MS FS2004. GEFS also doesn't use my joystick properly (swaps rudder and throttle), so I have to resort to mouse mode, which is a lot like the "airplane" navigation mode they already had.
ReplyDeleteI love the part in this new movie when Indy finds out he's been dead the whole time... That's what it does!
ReplyDelete