Tuesday, October 21, 2008

San Francisco takes one for the team

In what may be an unbelievably selfless act, San Francisco may decide that they will make the ultimate sacrifice to prove that you should never decriminalize prostitution. They realised that sacrifices must be made to protect the rest of us. Much like the Nevada desert and Bikini Atoll, San Francisco may volunteer its own moral wasteland to demonstrate the effects of an absolute lack of standards. I look forward to the rationalization that what results can't possibly be related to prostitution.

2 comments:

  1. They would never admit any problems from it, though. "No, I fear that when a man who believes in the humor theory of disease is dying, he does not suddenly give up his theory-- instead he calls for more leeches."

    Nor is it likely to make the city noticeably worse. When a culture's morality has decayed to the point where they would even consider such a thing, the thing itself can hardly do more damage than what has already been done to get to that point.

    In a similar vein, the legalization of gay marriage in California is unlikely going to harm marriage significantly further than the steps we had to take (easy no-fault divorce, disassociation of sex from procreation) in order to arrive at the point where gay marriage looks like a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I know where I can move if the economy gets too bad...

    ;-)

    -Cari

    ReplyDelete