Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Now With Even Less Original Content!

A couple quick things. Firstly, I forgot this in the Friday link dump:


Her California accent sounds almost exactly like The Murloc's cousin.

I used to think that I had a neutral “American” accent, until I recently started doing voice work for my company’s training videos. This involves me recording and listening to my own voice a lot, and I’ve noticed two speech quirks that come through frequently. Firstly, I say “buh-n” instead of “button” and “frinstance” instead of “for instance”. It takes a lot of mental concentration to speak without the accent, and I end up re-recording a lot.

Secondly, go here to listen to the awesome "Gloria" that I heard at a Christmas concert I went to on Sunday. As I told my friend who sang in the choir, I wasn't aware anyone was still writing great sacred music.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That was so fun! The California one was the only one that sounded normal -- all the rest were weird. :) Too bad she didn't do a Wisconsin accent -- although maybe the Toronto one was supposed to cover that region.

    I loved her Katharine Hepburn impersonation at the end. She's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her Texan accent sounds like she's been watching too many AWFUL Dolly Parton movies. No one in TX actually talks like that. Though they do sound lahk thay caim frum Urkinsaw. Buht thait's cuuz Urkinsaw's raaaaaht nix dur.

    And no self-respecting German says they're from "Germany". They come from "Chermany" tyvm.

    ReplyDelete