How does one respond to this e-mail?
from: LaKeitha <snip> <<snip>@yahoo.com>to: <snip; ya'lls know my e-mail address>date: Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:10 PMWell, let me just start by saying that I hope you accept my appology for being a BITCH to you. As you already know, I have very strong feeling for you; no I love you so much, and I was hurt. Well here goes the stuff I can never say to your face...I never wanted you to leave me, I wanted you to help me figure out how to keep loving you and T at the same time. You bring to me the things that he does not and thats the thing that kept me hanging on. On a shitty day, you could always brighten it. I needed to hold on to you for just a little while longer. As you said, I guess I was not prepared for the sudden stop.Why did I hurt so bad? cuz I always feel that the people you love and if they love you, should never hurt you. I get so much of that already that you were my protector, my haven from all of the people that did not mean any good to me.I believe that out of the mouth, the heart speaks. so what you said (wrote) to me was really what your heart was saying. I respect that and I just was taken back and I definately acted inappropriately.I know what my heart wants, but my reality cant make that happen and I have to come to tearms with that.Can we be friends? I don't know cuz I will probably always want more. It took all of me today not to come over and kiss you today, so I don't know if I could draw that line. Im already so far over the line.Thank you for the Christmas Gifts... you are correct, everything in there haslets just leave it at that... Thank youyour BFF
Perhaps she meant to send it to "joecool(the_black_one)@gmail.com"
My co-worker tried to convince me that I should pretend to be my wife, and pretend that I thought she was writing my husband who had just broken up with her, and get on the author's case for having an affair with my husband. That seems too much like kicking her while she's down, though. I'm too nice for that.
Although it is tempting....
You could send her a quote from Dostoyevsky about real love being a terrifying thing. Who says the ones who love us should never hurt us? They're the ones who have the capacity to hurt us the most.
ReplyDeleteOr maybe you could recommend she read C.S. Lewis' "The Four Loves."
Sigh. Life is so much less fun when you're nice. You could have so much fun with these emails. I still think you should upgrade that one guy's lousy rental car to a convertible.
Are you sure she wan't sending an email into "Car Talk", maybe she lamenting the loss of her 1983 Toyota Starlet.
ReplyDeletePeople do strange things for their cars.
But if it was a motorcycle, this would all make sense.
LOL, I think TheBlueFox nailed it. Those sudden stops are a killer.
ReplyDeleteAnd I know it's no fun, but you probably shouldn't go screwing around with people already suffering emotionally.
Considering the emotional courage that most people have to muster to write something like this, you might politely reply that she sent it to the wrong email address, since it seems like it might be important to her that a particular someone receives it. She's going to be expecting him (or the motorcycle) to have read it. Maybe she'll feel lucky she has a second chance to click 'Send'; you don't usually get that.