Friday, February 17, 2012

I Checked Snopes

...and this is not a hoax.



There is actually, in fact, a movie being made, based on this game:



And it is, in fact, being advertising as based on a game made by the same toy company that made Transformers.

No joke.

And Liam Neeson was somehow press-ganged into being in it.

And someone, somewhere, decided to invest millions of dollars in this movie.

The official site is here, if you don't believe me.

I wonder how anyone was able to keep a straight face at any point during the entire pitching, writing, and filming process.

And if no one at any point utters the line "you sank my battleship," I will be sorely disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Pfft! That's almost as dumb as making a movie based on an amusement park ride! There's no way it'll be successful and spawn a billion-dollar franchise! Next thing you know, they'll be making movies from arcade games with no plot, just two characters on the screen fighting each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. It looked pretty cool. I mean, giant rotating flying flaming spiky things. What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Hollywood is taking sarcasm to a ridiculously awesome level now between Iron Sky and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I never would have guessed that anyone would sink hundreds of millions of dollars into what is essentially a sarcastic joke. I guess Cowboys and Aliens started this pattern?

    ReplyDelete