Can you spot the difference between these two boxes of oatmeal?
![]() |
| The one on the left tastes like apples and cinnamon, and the one on the right tastes like oatmeal-textured vomit. |
Still no? I'll help you out.
That's right, they arbitrarily reduced the sugar by a quarter without telling anyone. No, this isn't the low-sugar version (which has 6g of sugar). They just, y'know, started putting less sugar in it. Because. So now, instead of Market Pantry Apples and Cinnamon Oatmeal, they're selling Market Pantry Oatmeal-textured Vomit. Just 'cause.



I'm sorry your oatmeal was not as enjoyable as me laughing at this story.
ReplyDeleteDude, sugar is eeeeeeeevil. Haven't you been paying attention to our First Lady AT ALL??
ReplyDeleteThis is why I buy plain oatmeal so I can add a heap of brown sugar to it, along with cinnamon, applesauce (unsweetened! I'm so virtuous), and whole milk.
...Is it time for breakfast yet?
Incidentally, return the box to the store and tell them why. If they get enough negative feedback, the powers-that-be will hear about it. You could also email Target a link to this post.