Idiots of the Day/Week/Month
Originally I wasn't even going to bother with this, figuring it wasn't worth my time, but then I realized that it is my sworn duty to point out idiocy in all its forms, no matter how, well, idiotic.
SOS: Students for an Orwellian Society
Yes, as we speak, the US is becoming more and more like the fascist society about which Orwell wrote in 1984. And the most damning evidence of this totalitarianism is that The Junior Anti-Sex League is offering grants to organizations which support its work. Oh no! Government money is available to those trying to promote chastity! Theocracy! Theocracy!
Another damning point that was linked to from that SOS page:
FreeToTravel.org - British Airways Ejection
This guy gets a special Idiot of the Year/Decade/Century award. If you board a plane and label yourself as a terrorist, you deserve whatever you get.
What I gather from that article is that the guy doesn't think there should be any security screening process whatsoever in airports, as doing such means that the government is assuming you're a terrorist. I asked my cow-orker how long she thought it would take for a terrorist act to be committed if the metal detectors and x-ray machines were removed from airports. "About and hour" was her estimate.
Oh, and an honorary Idiot mention goes to Brian Briggs of BBspot for linking to Students for an Orwellian Society.
No comments:
Post a Comment