Monday, December 12, 2005

More from the "Department for Studying the Obvious".



Abortion induces long term mental distress



Ya think?

2 comments:

  1. WARNING: GRAPHIC
    You think this might have something to do with their anxiety and stress? I can't believe people sometimes. Sin leads to guilt and unrest. Like we need a study to tell us that this is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the reader's quibble with the use of the word "many" juvenile. Yes, 20% is not a majority. It is still a large segment. Put this way: 7 times more women suffer mental anxiety 5 years after an abortion than after a miscarriage. How's that for a big difference? And I wonder how many women who suffered miscarriage had to go into counseling for bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. It's amazing what mental gymnastics people are willing to perform in order to ignore the truth.
    Speaking as one who has suffered a miscarriage, I can attest to the long-term feelings of depression and anxiety, especially in a subsequent pregnancy. But despite the moments of self-doubt and "if only I had done X" my feelings always consisted more of a sense of being a victim of tragedy. I can only imagine how a woman must feel afterwards when she is the aggressor in the death of her baby. Women deserve better.

    ReplyDelete