Gravity Update
Version 1.3 is available! A co-worker told me, "I won't play your little game until I can blow stuff up." Well, now you can blow stuff up (sort of):

This release shall from now on be referred to as the CPU-Eater Edition. To see why, try this:
1. Run the sim
2. Press X to turn on fracture mode
3. Press S to open the Seed number dialog
4. Enter 31500 and click OK
5. Cackle with pitiless glee as whole worlds are rent asunder as they enter the cosmic maelstrom.
I hope you have a multi-core CPU if you want to do other things while this program is running. Other things to try:
- Press 0 (zero) to turn on auto time acceleration
- Press SHIFT+= to set auto acceleration to maximum
- Press I or G or to turn on pretty colors
When auto acceleration is on, the program will adjust the speed and/or graphical detail to try to maintain between 10 and 20 fps. Notice that orbits (and co-orbits) are now displayed with time acceleration on, so you can see how they evolve and affect each other over time.
I can't make the gun shoot. :(
ReplyDeleteSpacebar shoots. You can't control the ship if a planet is selected, so right-click on the bleak blackness of empty space to deselect if that's the case.
ReplyDeleteThere's also a bug where sometimes the program crashes when a bullet survives a restart and hits a planet.
But how do you enter combat mode? Or is this part of your secret non-existant gui??:D
ReplyDeleteoh wait... the "q" key... because that was the logical choice :P
ReplyDeleteActually, it's the A key
ReplyDeletehmmm.... maybe that's why I couldn't get it to work after I first mashed my face against the key board....
ReplyDeleteYes, in lieu of a meaningful GUI, I have helpfully distributed the keyboard inputs in a random fashion so that aimlessly mashing with your fists still accomplishes something: my software is so "usable" you can use it with a brick.
ReplyDeleteDave,
ReplyDeleteGiven your key placement, my son Joseph is an expert at using this program.