Saturday, October 3, 2009

And I Seem to Call Myself a Writer.

An actual line I seemed to discover while editing that book-thingy I'm working on: "And by the way everyone else seemed to ignore her, it seemed they already knew who she was, so it seemed pointless to introduce herself."

And some of you people actually seem to like my writing?!

It seems that "seem", along with "technically", "pretty", "actually", "little", "began", and "really" are some of my favorite words. 'Cause those are the ones that I'm finding overused a lot (seemingly).

(The sentence now seems to read: "And by the way everyone else ignored her, it seemed they already knew, or didn't care, who she was.")

Sentence of the day: "The author seemingly was actually pretty wordy because, technically, he began to really overuse some words a little bit too much."

4 comments:

  1. Well, we notice a few typos and awkward/repetitive sentences, but assume they will be fixed on the next draft. I'm mostly looking at the story thread, how it flows, and how compelling it is. Mom is the one who is the proofreading editor. It's a little like playing a piece - you don't have to have it note perfect the first time.
    - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, shouldn't "by the way" be set off by a few commas?

    Don't you know the difference between a paraphrastic phrase and a cheetar? (clearly stolen from Hero's Quest: So you want to be a hero)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, it only seemed to be as bad as it was; the unseemly unseemliness was only a seeming illusion, which seemed to be seamlessly integrated into the seemingly endless story line. First seemester grade: A-

    - prof dad

    ReplyDelete