Dave, you'll be proud of me. I am doing the unthinkable.... ok, maybe not so unthinkable...
1. With the "free" bike I got from a coworker, I am going to build it into a AHRMA (American Historical Racing Motorcycle Association) race bike... oh yeah... finally a racer.
BUT... what you'd apprciate
2. A bunch of friends are thinking of putting together a race team for "The 24 Hours of LeMons" race...
What?
No, not Le Mans..... LeMons... as in the yellow, lemony fruit.
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
No car can be purchased for more than $500.
The rest of the rules are equally silly... except for the safety ones... somehow you need a total crappy car, yet put a roll cage and 5-point harness in it.
Needless to say we are in "find stuff for free" mode.
Wish you were here, we could use another driver...
Dude, I am TOTALLY aware of the 24 Hours of LeMons. Just last week I was trying to figure out if I could afford to run a car at one of the races here next year ("Rod Blagojevich Never-Say-Die 500"). I believe the rules say that safety equipment does not fall under the $500 limit.
When are you hoping to race? I can't make the Thunderhill race this month, but I would totally fly out for the "Sears Pointless" next March.
Oh, as for the 12th of December, we haven't finished planning, but we'll probably make it earlier in the day since we'll be celebrating Rose's 3rd Birthday at the same time.
That's one scary king of town.....
ReplyDeleteI approve.
NB. As Nov 1 is today, Mrs. The Blue Fox is decorating for Christmas.
P.S. Does JC, TRM & TFB have plans for 12 Dec. yet? I'm thinking it may be BBQ time again, my place. Think about it.
Dec 11 = Blizzard's Christmas Party
ReplyDeleteDec 13 = Tine's Nutcracker Performance
Dec 18-20 = Isograph's Christmas Outting
I think we might be able to squeeze you in on Dec 12. O_O
~ The Resident Murloc
What's Christmas without nerve-racking schedules? 'Tis the reason for the season!
ReplyDeleteAlso, all you people need to get on Monopoly City Streets. Joe and I need to start sabotaging more people's streets besides each other's.
Dave, you'll be proud of me. I am doing the unthinkable.... ok, maybe not so unthinkable...
ReplyDelete1. With the "free" bike I got from a coworker, I am going to build it into a AHRMA (American Historical Racing Motorcycle Association) race bike... oh yeah... finally a racer.
BUT... what you'd apprciate
2. A bunch of friends are thinking of putting together a race team for "The 24 Hours of LeMons" race...
What?
No, not Le Mans..... LeMons... as in the yellow, lemony fruit.
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/
No car can be purchased for more than $500.
The rest of the rules are equally silly... except for the safety ones... somehow you need a total crappy car, yet put a roll cage and 5-point harness in it.
Needless to say we are in "find stuff for free" mode.
Wish you were here, we could use another driver...
Good for you for the bike racing!
ReplyDeleteDude, I am TOTALLY aware of the 24 Hours of LeMons. Just last week I was trying to figure out if I could afford to run a car at one of the races here next year ("Rod Blagojevich Never-Say-Die 500"). I believe the rules say that safety equipment does not fall under the $500 limit.
When are you hoping to race? I can't make the Thunderhill race this month, but I would totally fly out for the "Sears Pointless" next March.
I'm asking around the office if anyone has or knows-someone-who-has a car that still runs, but they are thinking of donating....
ReplyDeleteI think free is our first goal for acquiring an auto.
I think I may have enough contacts with welding equipment to fabricate a "professional" roll cage system.
We'll keep you posted on status, or once we get more momentum to put something together. Right now it is just a thread topic.
Crash! Club 24-hour of LeMons thread
Oh, as for the 12th of December, we haven't finished planning, but we'll probably make it earlier in the day since we'll be celebrating Rose's 3rd Birthday at the same time.
ReplyDelete