So, after some encouragement from Dave, I revisited Gregorio. After messing around a bit more, I discovered the reason it hadn't properly loaded and connected itself with TeX Live was that, when the installer was finished, I checked the "display readme.txt" option, which was causing the error message about not finding the TeX Live files (???). When I unchecked that option before completing the install, it appeared to connect up properly and I was able to get Gregorio and TeX Live to compile.
The process is a little tricky, but so, so, so much faster than my other option, which was to use the now-"free" copy of Adobe InDesign CS2 with the font Caeciliae. While that method produced very pretty scores, it took an ungodly amount of time. Using Gregorio, I was able to produce sharp-looking scores in about 15 minutes.
Check them out:
Anima Christi
Ave Verum Corpus
I think this will be my method going forward.
I still wish I had a GUI.
No comments:
Post a Comment