Thursday, January 3, 2013

Video of the Day/Week/Month

Please watch the following video. I'm sure you will agree with me that it is, without a doubt, the most brilliantly insightful satire of the wymyn's ordynatyon myvemynt ever created. The way they so keenly point out what, exactly, is necessary for women's ordination—such as the requirement to ignore St. Paul and the view of the vicar of Christ and successor to Peter as an obstacle—to pointing out that wymyn's yrdynytyn requires a certain glibness about separating oneself from the mystical body of Christ through excommunication, to demonstrating what is, at its heart, a self-centered desire to conform the Church to myself, rather than conforming myself to Christ, that lays at the foundation of the yyyyn's yryyyyyyn myvymyny, is nothing short of divinely-inspired.

(Think I could separate the subject and verb of that last sentence anymore?)



It wasn't until I was about two-thirds of the way through the video that it occurred to me that the makers of the video might possibly be unaware that they were making the 21st century's most brilliant work of apologetics for a male-only priesthood. Oh well, the Holy Spirit moves in interesting ways.



Marc Barnes had this to say about the video: "This might be the greatest video ever to happen to the Catholic Church. If I had tried to stick my tongue out at the kids who think a female priest isn’t a contradiction in terms, I wouldn’t have been able to muster up the genius required to make a thing quite so demeaning to the cause."

Catholic Memes had this:



For a more orthodox rendition of CRJ's "Call Me Maybe", try this one on for size, from Imagine Sisters.


Lower production values, but infinitely greater value.

So long as we're on the topic of CRJ, we might as well get to the best version of "Call Me Maybe" ever: the one by Overly Attached Girlfriend:



Heebly jeebly, that girl is scary.


Well, now that I've made sure that "Call Me Maybe" is firmly embedded in your skull, and you'll be inadvertently whistling it for days, how about something to get it out? Something like...

TEN HOURS OF GANGNAM STYLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment