Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week in Review

For the imaginary reader who isn't also Facebook friends with me, I'm going to start archiving some of my statuses and links from Facebook here.

#

The Bad Catholic drinking game.

It will be hilarious when Marc's readers die of catastrophic liver failure.

#

On Monday:
What is wrong with me?!?! While driving today, I noticed the shadow of the car in front of me rotating about the car as it made the sharp turn through the cloverleaf on-ramp to the freeway. My thought, "Oh, real-time
rendered shadows!"
#

Pick a random patron saint for the new year!

I got Saint Alphonsus Maria de Liguori, patron against arthritis and scrupulosity and for final perseverance. I wonder what's in store for me this year?

#

So, after hearing from all my Facebook friends with South Bend/Notre Dame connections about how awesome the football team was, I decided to tune into the game on Monday and they got demolished. They must be seriously overrated.

#

Quote of the Year/Century/Millenium:
‎"The essence of modernity is the death of the spiritual. A modernist is someone who is more concerned about air pollution than soul pollution. A modernist is someone who wants clean air so he can breathe dirty words. 
"A modernist cares about big things, like whales, more than little things, like fetuses; big things like governments, more than little things like families and neighborhoods; big things like states, which last hundreds of years, more than little things like souls, which last forever." —Peter Kreeft
 Good ol' Peter Kreeft, channeling the ghost of GK Chesterton, it appears.



#

Bucky Art. Some of the stuff I've made with my birthday presents.




#

I got The Anniversarial Murloc roses for the Feast of the Nuptial Vows (a solemnity in Ecclesia Domestica, you know).


#

Misty is going to be in a Dr. Pepper commercial. First Blackberry, now this? Sell out!


Bonus points for spotting the shot of the old San Pedro Dance Center.

#

More on gun control: suppose we regulated cars like we do guns.

#

And most encouragingly, Alabama Supreme Court rules that unborn children are persons with rights that should be protected by law.

#

And lastly, because no linkdump is complete without a lolcat, the lowest form of blogging:


1 comment:

  1. So apparently my random patron saint is St. Claire of Montefalco, who apparently is the patron saint of ERROR ESTABLISHING DATABASE CONNECTION. I cannot tell you how appropriate this is, and relieved I am that there is a saint in Heaven for this cause!

    ReplyDelete