
Latest Blog Member Hasn't Pooped in Five Days
It's true. He hasn't.
He also isn't coordinated enough to suck his thumb. He keeps poking himself in the eye with his fingers. If he does get his thumb in his mouth, invisible forces (possibly the dang gnomes?) push it out of his mouth. When Mommy tries to help him find his thumb, his grasping reflex kicks in, conveniently hiding the thumb within his fist. When he nurses, he gets confused and tries to find that thumb again. He is pretty patient with himself, but come on. It's hard being two months old--all of this confusing stuff! But...he's trying.
(Did I mention he has his father's intelligence?)
Thomas is now almost nine weeks old and has gained six pounds since he was born (Holy Thursday, 2006--weight was 7lbs, 7oz, and length was 20 inches). He is rapidly gaining as he hasn't had a poopy diaper in five days. Yeah, it may not be an emergency for YOU...but he's a little guy! For all that, though, he's still pretty smiley.
Mommy love him more than life. She knows he'll find that thumb.
He's GORGEOUS, Cari! Congratulations to you and Sam. And happy two-month birthday to Thomas!
ReplyDeleteDon't you envy the Blessed Mother? She was SUPPOSED to worship her Son! For the rest of us, unfortunately, it's a temptation we have to resist.
Thanks, Mom B!
ReplyDeleteI know, it's so hard not to be absolutely obsessed with one's baby. Sometimes I lose (even more) sleep at night just lying awake looking at him and thinking of how beautiful he is and of how blessed I am. Sometimes I start crying when I think about it. It's just too deep for words, the love between mother and child. And if anything were ever to happen to him, you may as well just shoot me.
Is it hard for you to believe that your children are grown? Do you still think of when they were babies? Every time I look at Thomas, I think of how he will one day be a teenager, and then later one day he will be an old man. It breaks my heart a little bit.
Oops, sounds like I meant that he will be an old man on the same day that he is a teenager. But you know what I mean!
ReplyDeleteOops, sounds like I meant that he will be an old man on the same day that he is a teenager. But you know what I mean!
ReplyDeleteMiriam's personal record was 11 poop-free days (at about the same age, too). It didn't seem to worry her nearly as much as it did us! :)
ReplyDeletebtw he's adorable! No wonder you worship him. :)
ReplyDelete