Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Oh, Gosh Darn that Bush.

Now he's forcing women to get abortions against their will.

The American Spectator - "I Just Had to Do It"

Talk about a complete and utter lack of any sense of personal responsibility.

7 comments:

  1. Dana L.'s article is probably false. It's probably a story cooked up by Planned Parenthood (sometimes known as the Justice League to the Mainstream Media). It has all of the usual hooks: sex w/out consequence, the immense difficulty of obtaining an abortion, abortion provider lurks in a dark and shawdowy place. All of the things that PP tries to promote. Nevermind the fact we are reportedly more permissive with abortion than Europe.

    This person could have just goen to PP to get her Plan B abortion pill (note, it is NOT contraception as reported), but, oh yeah, she forgot about it in her panic. BULL!! So a lawyer didn't have any time in three days to google "Plan B", but she had lots of time to harass her current doctor. Doesn't seem to be a very smart woman, and I wouldn't want her to be my lawyer.

    Like I said, I doubt the story is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True or not, I can't believe how little mention there is of the baby or even of the "fetus." That little person is just "the pregnancy" or "the unwanted pregnancy." Though we live in a world where such lingo has been used to minimize the personhood of the unborn child for decades, I still can't believe that an article can, in actuality, be all about a baby, but you'd never know it by how the mother talks. Being a new mom, I am hit every day by the reality that not only does motherhood require a complete abandonment of self for the sake of the child, but that this required selflessness is actually the most beautiful and satisfying thing in the entire world and realm of experience for a woman. I so strongly know this that I have extreme pity for any woman who has refused to embrace her motherhood or even her potential motherhood. I absolutely weep for such women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to just note that though I am appalled by the horrific "services" that PP provides, I am even more upset by what they do not promote: the happiness and contentment of the people they claim to "serve." Being a mother is, as I said, the most awesome experience I have ever known, and I cannot convey in words the depth of even the smallest sliver of happiness that it brings me (and mind you, I must admit I wasn't quite "thrilled" when I first found out that our "iffy" NFP day had been a whammy). But motherhood takes sacrifice. It requires selflessness. If only people understood that for that sacrifice, they will be inestimably rewarded and find happiness beyond their highest expectations, places like PP would never have any clients. Abortion and contraception would be non-existent. But of course, that would be the perfect world. As it is, Our Lord allows the continuance of the slaughter of the innocents to occur, and we must fight it, as we all know. Sometimes it helps me to look at pictures of aborted babies to bring home the good fight we must never cease to fight.

    I also think that all women and couples, Dana L. included, should be educated about the benefits of NFP. NFP does not promote sex without responsibility, but recognizes and appreciates the couple's awesome creative capacity, and allows them to prudently choose when to use that capacity. PP just promotes the very lifestyle that leads to more business for them--it promotes hedonism, which is based on pleasure without consequences, which is caused by people refusing to recognize, appreciate, or understand their own creative capacity and using their bodies imprudently. (I know you all know this but I am ranting. Grr.) In that respect, PP has a brilliant business model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the story is cooked up, I'd think they could have done a better job of it. As it is, she sounds just, well, lazy. Too lazy to use her contraceptive. Too lazy to find a Plan B pill.

    You'd think if PP really wanted to somehow blame Bush for Emergency Abortion pills not being readily available, they could come up with something that makes the average non-Catholic reader feel a bit more pity for the woman's plight, instead of feeling pity for the woman's stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't worry Dana L not being fully educated in NFP or the joys of motherhood. She's already the mother of 2, and is the ultimate poster child for that worst of all generations, the Baby Boomers. Praying for her feels like praying for Judas or Aleister Crowley. She has no special pressures bearing on her: multiple middle-high income household, her medication situation is not exactly Chemo (I personally think its laughable, but now I guess I'll be getting replies that I don't know the horror that is high cholesterol). She knows the joys of motherhood and chooses herself above them and the life of her child. It's a wonder her other children are alive. Very few other kinds of people make me that sick.

    What is odly left out of the story is her husbands support. Where is he when she's looking for a "solution"? She complains about being so panicked that she forgot she could get Plan B from PP. Was he too panicked to remember too? Perhaps he could have tried calling someone or maybe googling it inbetween porn downloads. I just stopped downloading porn to google "Clearwater FL birth control RU-486" and the first two listings were dead on. I question whether he really even have a clue that she was pregnant. Perhaps he is just so disconneced from the pregnancy process that he forgets about it after he leaves the bedroom for the bathroom. I could have told her that PP has all the coolest toys you could ever want to kill a child with. Maybe I'd make a better husband for her than he did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I didn't just learn english yesterday. I'm justtired and my keyboard hatesme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the immortal words of Shepherd Book, there's a special place in Hell reserved for child molesters and those who talk in the theater. I would like to add to that list, self-absorbed people like Dana L. and spawn campers.

    ReplyDelete