Centrist You scored 42% Personal Liberty and 57% Economic Liberty! |
A centrist believes in moderate government intervention in both personal and economic matters. They tend to be somewhat ambiguous, as they may have the oppurtunity to pick the side of any group surrounding them on any given issue. They generally believe in a moderate social safety net and what they consider to be a balanced stance on personal liberty. Centrists tend to emphasize compromise and cooperation between partisan groups. |
Friday, September 29, 2006
Ok, Mrs. Pickles took this political viewpoint test and I questioned the results it gave her. I decided to take it myself and see what it said. I think I disagree with its assessment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a..."paleo-conservative believes in moderate government intervention on personal matters and little to moderate government intervention on economic matters. They support capitalism as an economic system and therefore are opposed to what they consider to be a welfare state. They believe in property rights or homestead. Some paleo-conservatives tend to have an "isolationist" bent to them, and therefore are more likely to be opposed to foreign interventions then most rightists. Paleo-conservatives are reminiscent of the "old right" of the 30's, 40's and 50's. Strong Paleo-Conservatives border on Libertarianism."
ReplyDeletewarning: this test is unnecessarily long. I take it to be one of those psychology tests where they ask the same question 4 different ways to test how schizophrenic you are or how seriously you are actually giving the answers.
ReplyDeleteI got through about 20 questions, and realized they were all generated with such a heavy slant that answering all of them would be a waste of time. So I just skipped to the end and calculated my score.
ReplyDeleteof the questions I answered and the way I answered them, I would "strongly disagree" with thier assessment.
As a matter of fact, I'm sending the secret black helicopters over to the house of the person that made this test to share some freedom, justice, and the American Way with him and his "life partner" .
Totalitarian
You scored 6% Personal Liberty and 4% Economic Liberty!
A totalitarian believes in extremely heavy government intervention in both personal and economic matters. A totalitarian is the epitome of tyranny. Omnipotent, all-encompassing government that controls the entire economy and social behavior down to the detail. A huge welfare state and a huge police state at once.
the blue fox