Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bot or person?
You decide!

::Holonet Transceiver Activated::
::Receiving Transmission::
::Begin Playback::

"Zaphod",

Look I know your babe is hot but don't go through with it! I really think you should think this over. She's a skank thats all over youtube. You don't want to be with her forever! You only have a few days before Sat. I wouldn't tell you this unless I really cared about you!

Call Me
"Slarti"

::Transmission Terminated at Host::
::End Transmission::

It's from a "XXX XXXXXXX", xxxxxxxxxx@ymail.com (name censored to protect the guilty). The domain redirects to yahoo mail, which doesn't say much. There are no links or pictures that make it obviously spam, but it's the second mis-sent personal e-mail in as many days. I really wonder if it's just some bot trying to find active e-mail accounts. I mean, honestly, how many people can think they have my e-mail address?

Either that, or it's an e-mail that Whale Biologist - Tom Adams sent me the week of January 4th, 2004, that somehow got delayed by several years (and somehow garbled his last name). In which case, please point me to these alleged YouTube videos. I would very much like to see them.

--Update 2:32--

The bot/person/Whale Biologist of the past wrote me back:

"Zaphod,

"Hey... about my last message - I've been thinkin... if you love the girl then stick it out... cause love is stronger than glue. I'm on your side man... don't take it personal.

"Slarti"


Aw, gee Slarti. That's sweet. I'm glad you approve. Now about these alleged YouTube vids of my wife....

No comments:

Post a Comment