Tuesday, February 17, 2009

F.U. News Congratulates Jeff and Liz on their New Baby Boy!

From TBF:

"I am proud to announce the birth of Benjamin George, on 16 February, 2009, at 6:04PM.

"At birth, Benjamin weighed 8 pounds and 3 ounces and measured 20 inches long.

"Liz is doing extremely well, and we anticipate being discharged on Tuesday to take Ben home.

"Earlier in the day, the doctor was able to externally turn Ben so that he was no longer breach, which took us from being classified as a high risk to a low risk birth.

"Five minutes before the birth, everything was going so smoothly, Liz's doctor turned to me and asked if I would like to deliver the baby, with doctor supervision.  I jumped at the opportunity, washed up and got a pair of rubber catching gloves. By time Liz finished being shocked by the idea, Ben was in her arms and being dried off.

"Thank you to everyone for your support."

5 comments:

  1. Good catch, Jeff! Congratulations to you and Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and welcome to the latest little Foxling! I'm glad to hear everything came out okay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A baby fox is called a kit, cub, or pup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benjamin +1 Day

    Mom + Dad + Baby

    Thank you again. I can't say how relieved we are that everything went so smoothly and Ben turned out healthy. We owe it all to the army of people praying for a smooth labor.

    All prayers were answered.

    Rie- Everything went so smooth and quick we never even had to break out "lamaze breathing techniques". We were just sitting in the delivery room chatting, having the nurse do inspections every 30-45 minutes, and when they said she was measuring proper, Ben came out on the second contraction.

    This whole "labor" bit isn't so bad. (with the right medication... modern medicine does wonders)

    -tbf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    -Tine

    ReplyDelete