Final Scores:
(Some of you may already have calculated these.)
Before we being, let me just say that the exact birth weight is unknown. At birth, they weighed him as 7 lbs. 7.2 oz. Later that night, the nurse weighed him at 7 lbs. 12 oz. Since newborn babies are supposed to lose weight in the first few days, it's clear there was some discrepency. After verifying that Damien was all right and he didn't have any weird psycho problems that would cause him to gain 5 ounces in a few hours, it was agreed that there was a discrepency in the scales. Early Sunday morning, a nurse weighed him again, after zeroing the scale, and he came out to 7 lbs. 7.8 oz (again, he should have been a few ounces lighter than birth weight at this point). So his actual birthweight was probably closer to 8 lbs. than to 7, but since the measured birth weight is what goes on the birth certificate, that's what we're going by here. Good enough for government work.
So, the stats:
Damien Alexander, born July 25th at 3:35pm.
7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches long.
Jenny: 50 pts.
Cari & Jeff: tied at 48 pts.
Devin: 38 pts.
Dave: 34 pts.
Tom: 27 pts.
Tine: 17 pts.
Katie: 1 pt.
Cleary Katie is psychic and is therefore disqualified. ;)
Your imaginary bag of marshmallows (or whatever Weight Watchers-approved treat of equal or lesser value you want) will be in the imaginary mail imaginarily shortly.
(Further bulletins as sanity warrants.)
We heard that Katie also had a prophetic dream about Damien's birth the day before Rie went into labor. Clearly, she has special abilities!
ReplyDeleteInterestingly, Mike's mom (Great-grandma B) was also known for her prophetic dreams.
It's true. Katie once had a dream of punching her little sister in the face and strangely enough I woke up with a black eye. She has psychic powers beyond comprehension ... or she sleep walks. :)
ReplyDeleteHuge congrats on the little one. He's adorable!
-Amy (Katie's little sister)
Amy, that's a really wonderful, although not historically accurate story. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAnd because the actual weight of the baby is clearly in question, I suggest we eliminate the weight category.
I'm glad for Rie's sake I was off so horribly on the date. :) Do I get an imaginary consolation prize for being the biggest loser?
ReplyDeleteTwo days before Rie went into labor I had a dream too -- only in mine she went into labor during a fancy dinner on a cruise ship and I couldn't find her the restroom.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad my dream didn't come true either.
That's weird, I think Katie had a dream on the same night about giving birth on a cruise ship.
ReplyDeleteFriday night I had a dream that I was taking a world cruise on a haunted cruise ship. Kate Hudson had committed suicide in my room...hence the haunting. Anyhow, I went to the hospital complaining of a stomach ache when we come into port in Thailand. Turns out I was in labor.
ReplyDeleteNow, yes, I may be crazy. Or I just read way too many Stephen King books. And I care about celebrity gossip too much. And we should just cancel cable all together, because I have absolutely no self control to not watch that really stupid, but totally addictive show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant
LOL @ Katie! I've watched that show too. If you've seen it once, you've pretty much seen all of them. The stories on there are all very similar, so it gets boring.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that I got second place. :)