And now some more hellos...
Tom Thimons and Dan Taibi, how's it goin in Austria? Did both of you see the Pope on the big screen or just Dan? Glad you liked the videos Tom. Sounds like you might have used my "too sexy" video as inspiration for your girlfriend survey idea. Glad it went well for you. What do I do in my spare time? I write these lengthy posts/emails and listen to music while I scribble down ideas I have for software. Keep prayin for me and I'll keep conquering.
Amanda Leaderstorf, that is funny that your boyfriend is in the same Battallion as me. What a coincidense. I know exactly what base he's at too. I'll have to look him up if I get the chance. Thanks for writing to me and please let other SOL gals especially the grads know that I miss them and that they should write me and look to FU-NEWS.com for replys. Thanks and keep prayin for me.
To Bethany Croteau's Class
Ainsley Nugent - what sports do I like to play? My favorite is still baseball, even though I'm not very good at it. I always did enjoy playing football during recess though. Bethany, I mean Ms Croteau, knows a lot about me, but I'll bet she doesn't know who my other favorite saints are: St Peter, the pope of the Catholic Church and the guy who runs the gates of heaven. He's a really cool guy if you ever study the lives of the saints and one of the saints who died a very similar death like Christ. I also like Saint Thomas More who I'm named after. He is a guy that would not compromise his principles and what he thought was right no matter how much peer pressure his friends put on him. Ultimatly his friends lied about him and had him killed because he wouldn't agree with them on something that was wrong. I also like St Michael the Archangel because he kicked Satan out of heaven. He's also the patron saint of warriors so I pray to him a lot. What does this place look like? Did you ever see Star Wars? Remember the desert planet Luke lived on? It looks like that. Thanks so much for writing me and keep me in your prayers.
Michael M - Thanks so much for writing me. You are right it is hard out here especially without family and friends. Especially for me without Ileana who is my favorite girlfriend ever. I don't know what you think of girls now, but this girl would knock your socks off. Ask Ms Croteau. Ileana is tougher than most boys and looks great in a red evening gown to boot. Enough with the soppy girl stuff though, I think she's awesome and I miss her. Its a good thing I married her or she'd probably be dating someone else while I'm here cause lots of other guys like her too. Keep me in your prayers Mike, and thank you again for writing me.
Connor Bolton - Glad to hear you like math and spanish. My wife speaks spanish but I don't. I guess its a good thing she speaks english to or that would really be difficult. I like math a lot and went to college for it. Now I'm a computer programmer and trust me that math stuff is very important for all sorts of stuff there. What do I like to do here? I watch some movies every once in a while. I draw pictures and make up ideas for video games so when I get back I can make them on my computer. What kind of foods don't perish? Mostly candies like Jolly ranchers and life savers. You can also try things like Ramen Noodles and beef jerky. And beer. Oh wait, you can't send me that. Dang. What do I need? I'm actually doing pretty good here. Every once in a while I need things like baby wipes to clean myself off with, AA batteries to power tings like my walkman. Most of the other stuff is pretty taken care of. Usually I really like pictures of what other people are doing back in the US. See if Ms Croteau can't take a class picture and mail it to me or something. What kind of gun do I have? I use an M16A4 which fires a small round very far and very acuratly. Its important that it be acurate because our number one biggest concern over here is safety. We don't want to hurt anyone that is not a bad guy. What do I think of air soft? I think they are cool guns and a great way to teach yourself weapons safety. Remember the most important thing when it comes to weapons is safety. If you can't be safe with an air soft gun, then you can't be safe with a more powerful gun. If I were you, I'd ask your mom and tell her you want to learn to be responsible with weapons so that you know how not hurt yourself and others with them. If she thinks you are mature enough, maybe she'll let you practice with an air soft gun or some other way. Keep in mind, you can still hurt yourself with an air soft gun, and your mom may still think its a bad idea. Whatever she says is probably right, and you should take her advice. Thanks for asking, Connor. Please pray for me here and continue to write.
And to the anonymous person who wrote for me to have a Froggy Day, thank you! You have a Froggy day to and pray for me. Thanks you everyone, especially Bethany Croteau who is the coolest school teacher ever!
Hey Tom,
ReplyDeleteGot your last e-mail. I'm glad to hear that life isn't too exciting over in there in Iraq. Man, that sucks you've got to be over there till September away from Ileana. I'd be pretty sad too if I had a lovely wife over in the US and I was stuck in Iraq.
By the way I got a call from Tim Lundbloom a while back, thanks for the comment about being a great DB designer. I'm pretty happy with things here in MI right now, I work with some pretty awesome folks, though the Gulf Coast folks sound pretty cool as well.
Life here is good, and busy. I've been doing some moonlighting here lately, some web based reporting software, nice for getting rid of those pesky things called school loans.
Well, man, you've been in my prayers. Keep safe, and watch out for crazy Iraqis, and even worse, crazy news reporters. God Bless.
Jason aka Mouse
Dear Tom,
ReplyDeleteGod bless you, my brother. Keep the faith! antony.braun@tinker.af.mil CTL always.
Tony Braun