Tuesday, January 16, 2007


Please tell me someone else laughs at this besides me.

6 comments:

  1. I needed Wik to explain it to me. Hm? Oh, Wik is the nickname I've given to Wikipedia. Later on him and me are going to the movies but you can't come because you're not in our "in club".

    Wik + JB = BFF!
    (Baow Fom Froosh!)

    But yes, I laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I understand that sin^2+cos^2=1 so that part is basically nothing, but I guess I don't get the whole matrix on it's side thing, if that is what I'm supposed to see it that way?

    Someone email me the punchline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Black Humanities SheepJanuary 18, 2007 at 9:17 PM

    I must have inherited all the recessive non-math/science genes in the family. I didn't understand about 90% of the jokes on that site (although I DID laugh at the Bond villain one, b/c I had just read about centrifugal v. centripetal force in the Cartoon Guide to Physics that Mr. Pickles gave me for Christmas).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pathetic. After having about 5 shots of whiskey mixed with Coke, I tried to tell that joke to everyone at the office party... Needless to say it's not really something you can do verbally (at least not with alcohol). So I drew it. Dave, laughed, bu Dave already knew the joke. My boss decided to laugh to be nice to me. My bad. I need to choose my audiences better when I drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the algebra and didn't quite understand it, so thanks to Joe for the clue. Never heard about rotational matrices, but I did laugh after I read it.

    Joe, I figured you would have encountered this matrix in your undergrad thesis on computer graphics. Yes? No?

    Wow, Tom, you must have had a lot of alcohol in you if you told this joke to your office. I work with a group of mathematicians and statisticians, and I wouldn't tell this joke to them. I think maybe 2 (out of 35) people might laugh at it.

    I think that more humorous than this joke would watching you try to tell it to your office coworkers after 5 whiskey & Cokes. :)

    ReplyDelete