Monday, January 8, 2007

What are you Doing?

3 comments:

  1. hey potty pal,

    I lost the entire collection! Can you send me out a burned CD?

    PH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Now I can provide an actor's/director's/behind the scenes/easter egg commentary on each of these films.

    CTL Wazuuuuuuup:
    Tom was getting mad at me when we filmed this because I kept flubbing my lines. We had the Budweiser commercial playing on my computer (which was in front of me), and I was supposed to lip-sync to it, but I was woefully bad at it. I think it took me longer than anybody else to get usable footage.

    The entire thing was shot in Tom and my dorm room, each guy doing his lines separately. The footage for Paul ("Chad") was reversed to make it look like he was coming in from the left. When I talk to him, I'm actually looking towards the window, not the door.

    The final shot of Tom and Ben Moll looking at each other is a little too dark because Tom insisted on turning the light off in the room, despite my protests. In the original Budweiser commercial, it ends with the real wazup guys sorta looking at each other quizzically, in a darkened room only illuminated by the TV. That's the look Tom was going for. Tom wanted it to be the Hearts of Fire guys, who starred in the original HOF Wazup film that Tom did, which was a take-off on the original Budweiser wazup commercial, but none of the HOF guys were available. Remember that this was all shot and edited in a single evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought you'd like to know that Miriam and Katie giggled when they saw it.

    ReplyDelete